Have trouble keeping track of logging water? This works for me...

Options
Hey there!

I tend to lose track of my water if I attempt to log as I go...just doesn't fit into my lifestyle.

So, each morning I fill a large 100+ oz. bottle with water. I then fill my regular drinking bottle or glass from that bottle throughout the day. I then log all at the end. This has been working really well for me.

It's really important to me to track my water and get enough. I've learned for my weight, intestinal constitution and activity level, I need at least 85 ounces of water daily.

Having a large bottle full of water is a good visual for me and allows me to see that I may not be drinking enough throughout the day.

Thought I'd just pass this idea along to anyone in the same boat.

Best to you!

~M.C. Turtle

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I use a bottle too. But it's a smaller one (24 or 28 oz, depends on the bottle) so I know I need to fill it up at least 3 times a day.

But I do track my intake using an app called "waterlogged". I like it a lot. It's easier for me to get to quickly than MFP. You can put in specific oz, mL, or L and can save your favorite glasses or bottles for quick entry.
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Both good ideas. I just started filling a insulated carafe with ice water and keep track of my water that way.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Camel or Cow
    Great advice, @SingRunTing
    Question: is it better to drink
    • 1 glass at 8 evenly spaced intervals during the day?
    • Does make a difference if I drink 4 glasses in the AM then 4 with dinner.
    • Bedwetting fears, aside, can I drink all 8 before bedtime
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I love my water bottles. I have several that have the amount marked on the side. I just know when I have finished all of those bottles I am good. I am horrible about logging it into the app though.
  • cnoble990
    Options
    I use a Nike "bite and suck" similar to the camelbacks. It's labeled with the ounces of fluids and holds 3 1/2 cups. I just refill that as needed during the day and splurge on 8 oz of vanilla chai tea or coke zero around noon to give me a boost:)