Hit A Plateau

I haven't lost a pound in 5 weeks!! I NEED HELP!! Any suggestions??????

Replies

• peblesboop
    peblesboop Posts: 26 Member
    Have you tried changing up your diet/ workouts. If you are continuously doing the same thing over and over again. Your body will adjust so you have to Change it up every few weeks.
  • Hello...I've slowed down my cardio so this week, I picked it up. As far as my diet/food, I'm not sure how to fix it. I eat well, but I do eat pretty much the same things every week. I was thinking about that high carb low carb thing but I can't find a meal plan to follow.
  • peblesboop
    The high carb low carb plan is called carb cycling. You can google it. I did it for two weeks but itbwasn't for me. I found thato n my low carb days I had no energy. Basically it was 3 or 4 days of low carbs ( veggies, no strarchy carbs )and 1 day of high carbs (good starchy carbs allowed). Hope this helps. If you need any more advise I will be glad to help
  • charliedavis5500
    charliedavis5500 Posts: 1 Member
    I have hit the plateu, I'm thinking I need to lower my calorie goal and start doing cardio exercises 3 times a week. I get average 8 k steps 5 times a week
  • peblesboop
    CharlieDavis5500: Try adding the Cardio first before lowering you calories and see if you start loosing again. That's if you are sticking to a healthy meal plan. ( I dislike the word DIET) :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    You dont ive any information so its hard to tell who you are and what you are doing. the answer is probably you are eating more than you think and burning less, which is the same for everyone else. Check you have the basics right. Have a look on the forums at a few of the same type of threads and the advice will be the same as in what to do. By providing your details such as age, height, cureent and target weight, using tdee or mfp method, eating burned calories, how measured, weighing your food etc, as well as opening your diary then people can check what you are doing.

Besides that have you been lowering your calories as you have been losing weight? It says you ahve lost 22lbs on your ticker, so you should recalculate your calorie targets to reflect the newer weight, which will be lower than when you started.
  • Thanks everyone! I increased my cardio and getting back to recording EVERYTHING I eat! I will see if this breaks my plateau!
  • peblesboop
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,898 Member
    It's not a plateau. Stall yes. Plateau in weight loss is 6 weeks or more of no weight movement IF one has been consistent with diet/exercise. If not, then it's not deemed as a plateau.
    Most people who stall usually do because they go off plan. Go back on plan and reassess after a couple of weeks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Thanks ninerbuff...I'm back in plan! :)