I've been working out for two weeks no weight loss

Options
I have been dieting (eating roughly 1200 calories a day) and working out 5-6 days a week for at least an hour for two weeks and I haven't lost any weight! Why is this?

Replies

• drwmason
    drwmason Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For the past few weeks you're losing fat and gaining muscle, it's not unheard of to gain weight at first (muscle is heavier than fat), and then lose weight as your body realizes you need the muscle more than fat. Just keep at it! It will come.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    It could be that your calorie intake is too low especially if you are working out hard. I would be happy to chat more and share my story. Feel free to add me!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    drwmason wrote: »
    For the past few weeks you're losing fat and gaining muscle, it's not unheard of to gain weight at first (muscle is heavier than fat), and then lose weight as your body realizes you need the muscle more than fat. Just keep at it! It will come.

This is not true. You cannot gain muscle like this on a calorie deficit. If anything, you are retaining water due to your new exercise routine. If you are truly at a deficit, you will see the scale move soon. Are you weighing all food on a scale and logging everything you eat?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    drwmason wrote: »

No
    It could be that your calorie intake is too low especially if you are working out hard. I would be happy to chat more and share my story. Feel free to add me!

No

OP, can you open your diary? If you just started working out, it could be water weight to repair your muscles, but you could also be eating more than you think.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're probably guessing when you count your calories. I use to do this before and there were also times where I wasn't honest about logging. If you don't already have one, I would strongly suggest you get a scale, it makes counting so much easier. Also try to avoid foods that you pop into the microwave and try to cook your meals (protein shakes and bars are good meals on the go though) Most importantly though, working out hard at the gym isn't the most important thing to weight loss but it does help the process. Diet>Work outs