Just a note on the VO2 max testing

Options
Myth
Myth Posts: 299 Member
SO today I went and had a battery of test done, VO2max, fat%, anaerobic peak and sustained power, Height and weight . I have read up on this stuff alot and even once read someone saying most people are disappointed in this test because most of us are average, but I thought oh well Ill give it a try. The energy expenditure part said exactly what i have figured out over the years through my own trial and errors. If I was in a coma 1250 is what I would need to maintain and 1550 if I had a sit on my but all day job. and the guy told me, take the 1550 but only eat 1250 and exercise for 250 more calories (about a half hour jog) he said and that should put you at losing a pound a week. Other than that I learned my scale is right along with theres, my body fat is high( which I knew) and some other things, but in the end mfp and there calculations seem about right on target with the test results although mfp says for me 1200 and exercise but eat back up to 1200. Just thought some might like to know incase they were thinking of spending the money to get these tests done.

Shannon :)

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the info. Where did you get this done? I live in a smaller town and I'm not sure even where to get body fat% done.

I've been losing (I think, feel it -just hasn't shown up on my scale yet) and targeting 1400 cal/day.
  • Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    There is a research center here in town but I know some gyms have them.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    i chose my new gym because it includes this all this testing every 3 months as part of membership.
    it has been invaluable in my weight loss/ health journey,and gives trainers huge insight into preparing personalised workout plans.
    have lost almost 30kgs,reduced body fat,WHR(waist to hip ratio),and increased vo2 max from very poor to excellent for my age in 7 months.
    worth every penny if you want to be serious about your health.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Myth wrote: »
    take the 1550 but only eat 1250 and exercise for 250 more calories (about a half hour jog) he said and that should put you at losing a pound a week.

So recommending that you net 1000 cals per day?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    At your weight, it might make more sense to have a more active lifestyle, if you want to lose 1 lb a week or adjust to a lower loss rate if you are that sedentary, IF adherence is an issue.