Quickest way to tone arms?

Options
My wedding is in 3 months! I need to tone up my arms.. quick!
I used MFP to manage my diet, and I reached my goal of fitting into my dress.. however; I didn't exercise as much as I should have. All I really want to work on for the wedding is my arms. If I work my entire body, I may lose too much weight and have to have my dress altered a second time.
I have a pilates DVD with exercise stability ball, Jillian Michaels' Shred DVD and a set of 3lb dumbells and a set of 5lb dumbells. Will any of this get me to where I need, in the time allotted?
Do you think the pilates is better/faster? I am worried the JM Shred will shrink the rest of me along with it so I am hesitant to do that..
Any guidance for my arm workouts? Thanks!!

Replies

• FuerImmerStark
    Options
    hm, maybe just do low weight arm exercises, but do each rep until you can't go anymore. you might lose a little weight, but i think no matter what you do for your arms, you'll lose a little.
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    try a tone and sculpt video that concentrates on strength more than cardio. Of course you can go to the basics and do push ups.
    you can also do yoga
    IDK, just a thought.
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    do push up they are really good for working arms, i cant do full stretch push up so i do them on my knees, works them good.

also use your weights that you already have, do alternate arms lifts, bicep curls etc, maybe start low on reps then after a few days increase how many reps in a set you do.
  • amg5157
    amg5157 Posts: 52
    Options
    I personally would suggest getting some 10 and 15 lb weights... when i first started most of my arm wrkout was done with 5lb and 10lb weights...
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    The arms are actually fairly easy to tone up and get into shape. Here are a few sites that show you how:

http://freewomensfitness.com/4-exercises-that-will-tone-your-arms-and-burn-fat-fast/

http://www.ehow.com/how_2300097_tone-arms-fast.html

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/exercises/tone-your-arms-in-3-moves/

You should be able to get them in shape in time for your wedding if you are consistent! Good luck--and Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.:smile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of work for a couple months with 5s but now they're too light. I'm now using 5s, 8s, and 10s. Here are a few exercises I've been doing that I can really feel are strengthening me:

- I use the 10s for my triceps (back/underside of arm) by holding it with both hands and lifting overhead, arms straight out.
    - Also, hold an 8 behind your back with your upper arm straight and your elbow bent, so your hand with dumbbell is behind you. Straighten your arm so your arm is straight up. These work the triceps great too.
    - Also, for shoulders, sit on the floor with your knees straight out in front of you. Wrap a long resistance band behind the arches of your feet and hold your arms to your sides. Swing your arms back behind you, keeping your arms straight.
    - Sit on the floor with your knees straight out in front of you. Wrap the resistance band behind the arches of your feet. Grasping the resistance band in your hands, bend your elbows so your arms are in the shape of an "L". Pull back your arms so your shoulders are straight out. It will feel like you're rowing a boat. You'll DEFINITELY feel this one.
    - For biceps, I stand on the same long resistance band (the end) and hold an 8 dumbbell in my hand, with the other end of the resistance band in the same palm and curl. Repeat until you can't do anymore. Do other side, then do each side again.
    - Weeding your garden! :tongue: