Super Bowl

Options
how's everyone handling the super bowl coming up with party food and stuff?

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    By enjoying myself. I also have a birthday lunch the same day, so I'm taking the day off from strict counting. I'll still log, and I'll keep an eye on my intake, but I'll be going to two parties, I want to enjoy them!
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Yes I love Superbowl. I know nothing about football but I love the tradition of making awesome Superbowl food and having people over to cheer. I'll loosely log my calories for that day (or not) and I'll definitely go over. No biggie. I'm being extra careful this week and I know one day isn't going to make a big difference.

I'm making these awesome looking wings, and excited about the baking powder technique to dry them out for crispness: http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/01/the-food-lab-crispy-oven-fried-chicken-wings-xian-superbowl-buffalo-snack.html

Also thinking about a big veggie plate to balance things out, and maybe chili? I do love a hot crab dip though, so that might be on the menu too.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    We are going to a party and the host's husband has requested Ribs and Lasagna. So I may be bringing a veggie tray.........
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I like to fill my super bowls with cereal and milk. :)
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I am going to try at least one of each thing at the party and enjoy myself. You?