Fitness trackers, is it worth it?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I personally think they're a waste...most TDEE calculators are going to provide you with a reasonably good place to start and then you just need to make adjustments as per the results you're actually seeing...I don't see any reason to where some tracker all day. I suppose for some it provides some kind of inspiration or motivation, but that's not an issue for me; I love crushing it.

HRMs are great for certain training goals though.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin forerunner and use the HRM and Foot Pod. It really does make a difference in the way that I do my workouts and my walks. It synchs with MFP so I can see my true calorie goals for the day. I recently got an iPhone and it has a step tracker on it that can also synch with MFP. If you have an iPad, iPhone or iPod they will track your daily activity.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Without knowing specifically what you want to track ... what activities you routinely participate in ... how much you want to spend ... there is no way to narrow down what is "best" for you.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews/activity-monitors

Please ignore those that immediately jump to recommending a nearly $500 multi-sport GPS watch without even bothering to ask what you do.