Trying to change eating habits, slowly...

Options
Hello from Battle creek, michigan(: I'm Jessica. Not to concerned with my weight but I want to tone up and start eating way healthier. If anyone has good, delicious yet healthy recipes hmu! ❤️

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Changing your habits slowly is definitely the way to go! For me, I found Pinterest to be the best resource for healthy/easy/yummy recipes. cookieandkate.com is also a really good website, I've never made anything from there that I didn't love.

I'd also recommend familiarizing yourself with calorie counts and what makes certain foods healthier than others, so you can easily identify healthy substitutions in recipes.
  • jrshaffer14
    Options
    You're awesome! Thank you so much. I have a Pinterest but I'm always pinning the worst foods. Going to have to chane that up! (:
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is definitely a treasure-trove for delicious terrible recipes! Maybe it's time to start a new board where you only pin the healthy stuff! Try searching for recipes on there with "skinny" in the title (like skinny enchiladas, skinny lasagna). That's what I started with 3 years ago and it really helped push me into healthy cooking.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I have found some really good recipes on a website called skinnytaste. The black bean burger is really good and easy to make. One of my favorite things to eat right now is a cauliflower bake. Steam 1 head of cauliflower (or a bag of frozen). After you steam it, put it in a casserole dish and smash into small pieces. add 1/2 cup plain yogurt (or light sour cream) , 1/2 cup yogurt cheese (or any cheese) , 1/4 cup green onions. Mix together and bake uncovered 350 degrees for about 25 minutes (some people add bacon to recipe but I don't). I usually make this to replace a side dish of potatoes. I am slowly lessening the amount of cheese i am putting in it.
  • jrshaffer14
    Options
    Wow, that sounds so delicious! I'm going to have to buy that stuff this weekend, thank you!