Diet Coke

Options

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    do u think it will slow down a lot... because i am still really heavy.... (high 200's)
    Did you not read ANY post above this?!

SMH.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    searsvls wrote: »
    I like the Ice Sparkling Waters.

I'm kind of obsessed with these too, as an occasional alternative to water or coffee or tea. Much more than Diet Coke (not saying they are better for you; I'm sure they are the same). I like orange mango and strawberry kiwi.
  • carlamenzione
    carlamenzione Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    jkwolly... i wasnt talking about the DC i was talking about losing 15lbs in the first month if THAT will slow down my weight loss because i lost a lot the 1st month... Didnt you read the post.... SMH.. (lol)

anyway, everyone else thank you so much for everything!!!! you guys are fabulous
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    do u think it will slow down a lot... because i am still really heavy.... (high 200's)

SMH.

She was asking in general because the above poster said weight loss slows down after a month

SMH
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    jkwolly... i wasnt talking about the DC i was talking about losing 15lbs in the first month if THAT will slow down my weight loss because i lost a lot the 1st month... Didnt you read the post.... SMH.. (lol)

anyway, everyone else thank you so much for everything!!!! you guys are fabulous
    Woah, double fail on my part
  • carlamenzione
    carlamenzione Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    thanks Escoflowne... :)
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I drink Pepsi Max or Diet Dr Pepper on a daily basis. One thing to note - Diet does not always mean 0 calories (i.e. Diet Dew has 10 calories) and 0 calories usually means there is still sodium in the drink - so, log what you drink just to be sure that your macros are still within range. Also, if you drink a lot of Diet Soda, it can cause you to retain fluid based on the sodium content -and, the opposite can be true as well - some artificial sweeteners act as a diuretic and cause you to go to the bathroom a lot. So, they can hinder your hydration.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

SMH.

She was asking in general because the above poster said weight loss slows down after a month

SMH

She lost 15 pounds in the first month, so I warned her that she's not going to keep losing that fast.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I buy two liters of Pepsi Maxx once in awhile and enjoy having a glass in the evening. Some people say it causes them to crave sweets, but for me it seems to curb my sweets cravings because I can use it as an alternative to other sweets.
  • UnasAquila
    Options
    If you do wish to drink coke, I would recommend sticking with the non diet version. The human body know how to deal with the sugars in normal coke whereas in "diet coke" the unnatural sweeteners cause confusion for the body and can* lead to higher blood sugar and 'potential weight gain'.
    But to be honest you sound like your doing really well and having the odd can shouldn't have a major effect on your overall progression.
    good luck and keep up the great work.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    UnasAquila wrote: »
    If you do wish to drink coke, I would recommend sticking with the non diet version. The human body know how to deal with the sugars in normal coke whereas in "diet coke" the unnatural sweeteners cause confusion for the body and can* lead to higher blood sugar and 'potential weight gain'.
    But to be honest you sound like your doing really well and having the odd can shouldn't have a major effect on your overall progression.

I think you give the human body too much credit.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Source?
  • usmcmp
    Options

I think you should read this study.
    ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24862170
  • ErikThaRed
    ErikThaRed Posts: 139 Member
    Options

SMH.

There were only two posts before that, why the negativity... i hate these forums cause of people like you... don't post at all if you're going to be negative. SMH
  • usmcmp
    Options
    ErikThaRed wrote: »

SMH.

There were only two posts before that, why the negativity... i hate these forums cause of people like you... don't post at all if you're going to be negative. SMH

You might want to read actual studies on aspartame instead of just articles about it.
    cspinet.org/new/pdf/aspartame912.pdf
    ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17828671
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    No Calorie drinks do not harm, nor help, your weight loss in any meaningful way other than energy levels.
  • Greeneyedgrl_24
    Greeneyedgrl_24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 3 Diet Pepsi's a day and I have lost 95 pounds in a year. I switch between no caffeine/with caffeine and it has not hindered my weight loss at all. Keep at it and enjoy life :)
  • rcottonrph1
    Options
    Just give it up. I believe in moderation, but soda is toxic. It is hard to give it up, but if I can do it, anyone can. I was drinking 8 or more diet cokes daily at one point!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Its fine. Wont hinder weight loss.

As for your other queation, yes the weight loss will slow down. 15# a minth is not sustainable. With alot to lose, you can probably expect to average 2# a week for a while....the amount lost each week will go down the closer you get to your goal weight.