One year ago today, I was (fill in the blank)...

Options

Replies

• Paperchains38
    Paperchains38 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was 19 stone and was just getting over an infection in my gallbladder this pushed me to go on a low fat diet (I lost 3 stone in a year by this method) as it is fat that makes gallstones worse. Now i have joined MFP as my weight stabilised around 16 stone and i am now watching my calorie intake as well as my fat intake so that i can lose about 3-4 stone more.
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    overweight and eating my feelings. i struggled hard with my body image because it wasn't the me i was used to.

now, i am stronger and prouder! :D so happy to overcome my body struggles and poor lifestyle!
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    153lbs and unable to run for a bus.

Now? 117lbs and running 4-5 miles, 3 times a week.
  • apeeboyce
    apeeboyce Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    20 pounds lighter than I am now and about to find out I was pregnant! Now I need to lose the 20 pounds and at least 20 more.
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    5 lbs lighter BUT ... I was smoking like a chimney ....Im totally off cigarettes (Yayyy !) but a few pounds heaver. I smoked for ten years so I'm really proud of quitting. Now I can focus on a truly healthy body.
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    9 months pregnant and about 320 lbs! Today I am 175 and love all the energy I have to play with my boys! My younger son is about to turn 1!! It's been an exciting year!
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I was at 250 lbs and feeling very blah! I busted out of my size 18 jeans (ripped in the thigh area b/c it was worn out!) I broke down and bough size 20 and hated it! I was sick with colds every week and couldn't kick it!

Today, I'm 188lbs, size 14 and feeling healthy and wonderful! :0) 70 more days to my 1 year anniversary and logging on MFP!!
  • meowmeowmeow84
    meowmeowmeow84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried juicing, although it may be for other people, it was a nightmare for me. I lost 15 lbs in 5 days.... but i would have rather eaten healthier instead of depriving myself of food. I would have stayed with it longer and would have been more successful :) PS. I gained the 17 lbs back. Kudos to those who enjoy and are successful with juicing :)

Right now I've been consistent with MFP for about 26 days and I've lost 11 lbs plus the 3 lbs before i joined. And i'm happy with this lifestyle.

I hear ya. I did the juicing thing for 39 days and lost a looooot of weight... And gained it all back and then some. So now I'm doing it the way that is right for me. Slowly. Part of me wants to juice for a month to really get going but I know that I will just freak out and eat the city I live in when I do start eating again lol.
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    A year ago today I was 235 pounds, and I couldn't run for a minute straight. I had just graduated as a fresh meat on my roller derby team and got to start hitting the vets!

Now I have a few 5k's under my belt (I've run for 35 minutes STRAIGHT! that blew my mind) and I'm 188 pounds. I just got placed on the charter (travel) team for my derby league, which is huge news. The league has over 60 girls and they only pick the top 20 girls to go on the charter. AND I MADE IT! I've already set goals for where I'm going to be this time next year ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I was just starting to train for my first century ride...which ended up being a 1/2 century ride. I was the same weight I am now give or take.
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was 49lbs heavier than I am today.
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Struggling to lose weight...so the same as I am today. I have lost 110 to date.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I was slipping into a maintenance routine and training for the MS 150 (Bike ride from Houston to Austin). Today, I'm still maintaining and am training for my first half marathon.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1 year ago today I weighted 275+ pounds. I wore a size 20/22 pants, xl shirt, a size 46D bra, and I was always tired. I ate a lot of fried food, I was sedentary, I was miserable.

A year ago, my 2-year-old daughter told me I was ugly.

Today, I weight 190 pounds. I wear a size 14 jeans and a large shirt, 40DD bra. I've run two 5ks. I just got back from the gym (it was leg day!) I feel more confident, healthier, and I know I'm a better role model for my kids. I've taken up roller skating again!

My husband has started doing push-ups. My overweight little sister is going to join the gym.

And now my 3-year-old tells me me every day, "Look Mommy, I can run faster!" My six-year-old and I will be running his first race this weekend.

I'm still a work in progress, but it makes me so happy to know that by the time my birthday rolls around this summer, I'll weigh less than I did in middle school. My self esteem is not solely based on the size of my *kitten*, but being closer to conventionally beautiful really does have it's merits.

Last year:
    2sqxzalucf5d.jpg

This week:
    ezg0yz5g9qwc.jpg

• danie0421
    danie0421 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A year ago I was 30 pounds heavier. I just started working out -simple walk on the treadmill to improve my blood pressure numbers. Now I take part in zumba and calisthenics classes.

Today, I plan my weekly meals and cook. I wasn't capable of that a year ago. My knowledge and practices have come so far in one year, I hadn't realized. This is a good post.

Today I start my first lesson in lifting heavy. I can't wait to reflect next year on further progress.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I was 178.. today I am 150! A happier, healthier fit mom!
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    1 year ago today I weighted 275+ pounds. I wore a size 20/22 pants, xl shirt, a size 46D bra, and I was always tired. I ate a lot of fried food, I was sedentary, I was miserable.

A year ago, my 2-year-old daughter told me I was ugly.

Today, I weight 190 pounds. I wear a size 14 jeans and a large shirt, 40DD bra. I've run two 5ks. I just got back from the gym (it was leg day!) I feel more confident, healthier, and I know I'm a better role model for my kids. I've taken up roller skating again!

My husband has started doing push-ups. My overweight little sister is going to join the gym.

And now my 3-year-old tells me me every day, "Look Mommy, I can run faster!" My six-year-old and I will be running his first race this weekend.

I'm still a work in progress, but it makes me so happy to know that by the time my birthday rolls around this summer, I'll weigh less than I did in middle school. My self esteem is not solely based on the size of my *kitten*, but being closer to conventionally beautiful really does have it's merits.

Last year:
    2sqxzalucf5d.jpg

This week:
    ezg0yz5g9qwc.jpg

This is an awesome transformation and I love that you are more confident and able to show your kids how to stay healthy :)
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A year ago, I was still being harassed by my abusive ex.

Today, I am heavier, yet ultimately happier.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Pretty much exactly where I am today.
  • crystalstinson7
    crystalstinson7 Posts: 101 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    A year ago I was recovering from pneumonia and blood clots ... and 55lbs heavier! After nearly dying I decided it was time to stop wanting and start doing. Happy and healthy now!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!