Hi! Thanks to a wedding, I'm committed now!!!!

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been a silent My Fitness Pal user for a while, but I've decided it's time to start being more vocal about my goals, and supportive to others on here!

My weight battle has been going on for a while...I gained most of the weight in college, and just kept packing it on. I've never been completely unhappy, but at this point in my life, I know I don't look as great as I'd like.

I'm getting married in May, and for some reason having that really tangible end goal of fitting into my dress and looking great have been what's helped me to commit, and stay there! I joined a Beachbody challenge group earlier this month, and just finished my first round of the 21 Day Fix. I was such an eye opener to me, to be really focused on using containers, and committing to the exercise every day. I travel a lot for work, and I took my weights, DVD's a Shakeology with my on every plane, to every hotel, and did them every single day. It felt good to feel like I was doing a good job!

While I still feel quite a ways away from my end goal, I really believe that Shakeology helped me tremendously, and I loved the 21 Day Fix (going to keep going with that, or maybe switch to the Insanity DVDs I could never finish.......lol).

Thanks for letting me introduce myself! I hope everyone is crushing it on their own personal journey!!

~Meredith

Replies

• juditdell
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and of course your amazing commitment:)
    Nice to find something that will keep you motivated and keep you going. Hope you have a great coach, that makes a difference too!
  • mlh357
    mlh357 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks so much! Yes, the support definitely helps, and hopefully I find some more on here!
  • turtle0022
    turtle0022 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey Meredith, congratulations and best wishes on your upcoming wedding and health commitment! We have something in common... that tangible motivation. For you it's your wedding and all that goes with that (so exciting for sure), and for me it's an anniversary cruise in July, wearing a swimsuit without being self-conscious and fitting back into a cocktail dress that's been hanging in my closet as a reminder of what once was. Wishing you (and me) much success! ~Debbie
  • Kendall2006
    Kendall2006 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That's awesome news. Beachbody definitely has some awesome products. If you never tried TurboFire, that one will get you there in no time. I love that program and shed almost 40 pounds from it. I am currently doing CLX cause I have a LOVE for weights. I am loving it even if I am only a week in.
  • mlh357
    Options
    turtle0022 wrote: »
    Hey Meredith, congratulations and best wishes on your upcoming wedding and health commitment! We have something in common... that tangible motivation. For you it's your wedding and all that goes with that (so exciting for sure), and for me it's an anniversary cruise in July, wearing a swimsuit without being self-conscious and fitting back into a cocktail dress that's been hanging in my closet as a reminder of what once was. Wishing you (and me) much success! ~Debbie

Love it!!! Where are you going for your cruise?!?!?
  • mlh357
    Options
    That's awesome news. Beachbody definitely has some awesome products. If you never tried TurboFire, that one will get you there in no time. I love that program and shed almost 40 pounds from it. I am currently doing CLX cause I have a LOVE for weights. I am loving it even if I am only a week in.

That is awesome!!!! Great job! I've heard of it but never tried it- might need to add it to my list, thanks!!!