Just how important is breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's important to me because otherwise I end up snacking all day. If you feel better not eating in the morning, go for it.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Holy crow. Every single post so far has been on the mark. No nutty firingupthemetabolismismism loonies in sight. So proud.Cries.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    It's not, eat when you're hungry.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Breakfast fires up your metabolism. :)

I like a big breakfast and a pretty big lunch because I am a lot more active in the day time than I am most evenings. Most of the day I don't even know I'm trying to lose weight.

ETA: I totally agree though, eat when you want.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Breakfast fires up your metabolism.
    No. No no no no no.

OP I think breakfast is a total waste of calories. I drink coffee and save my calories for my favourite meals - lunch and especially DINNER!
  • disturbed_s
    disturbed_s Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is why but I don't eat many carbs after lunchtime, so when I wake I'm usually starving!! As in my stomach grumbling wakes me most of the time. I went for years with not eating any breakfast though, just a cup of coffee...but now I can't imagine not having breakfast! Each to their own I guess, do what works :-)
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Breakfast fires up your metabolism.
    No. No no no no no.

OP I think breakfast is a total waste of calories. I drink coffee and save my calories for my favourite meals - lunch and especially DINNER!

Lol. I was JOKING! Gaining muscle is the only way I know to increase your metabolism.

• Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What a lovely change to say people say that breakfast doesn't matter :) I also feel ill if I eat when I get up and actually for me it makes me much more likely to snack, if I do force myself to have breakfast! I tend to "break" my fast at lunchtime :)