Green Tea??

Options
Does Green Tea Contribute To Weight Loss?? Also Is There Any Foods\Drinks That Do?

Replies

• thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Green tea has antioxidants, which are good for health in general. If you're looking to lose weight, don't rely on drinks or fad foods, just eat within your daily calories and exercise. Hot tea, with no milk or sugar can help you feel fuller longer and awake and energized from the caffeine. However, having something like a green tea latte from Starbucks is just a flavour drink with empty sugar, fat, and calories.
  • Hitesc
    Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    calories in vs calories out... >.> simple as that. I love green tea and I just drink it lol. Although, green tea does have caffiene, which in turn suppresses appetite. So in other words, green tea unintentionally help with weight loss
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Coffee may due to the caffine in it. Cold water also, but neither helps very much. Eat less move more is the best bet.
  • chimebird
    chimebird Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The only thing you need for weight loss is a calorie deficit, so you can eat or drink anything you want! Just keep it within your calorie limit. Cool, right?

There's no magic foods that make you lose weight. You should get that mentality out of your head right now because it will only lead you down the path toward pseudoscience and snake oil salesmen. Weight loss is incredibly simple in theory, so don't overcomplicate it.

So, about green tea. Green tea has a ton of health benefits! According to WebMD, "Green tea has been shown to improve blood flow and lower cholesterol. A 2013 review of many studies found green tea helped prevent a range of heart-related issues, from high blood pressure to congestive heart failure." It's also very low calorie, so you can basically drink as much as you want without it having much impact on your calorie intake. But it's high in caffeine so of course drink it in moderation.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by burning more calories than you eat. I will never believe that certain foods or drinks make you lose weight. That's just not how it works. It's a gimmick IMO. I drink green tea because I like it.