Anyone feel like taking their last 5-10 lbs really slowly?

Options
What's the rush? We're at a healthy weight and won't need to put on a bathing suit until at least mid June (at least here on the east coast). I'll be happy with a pound a month I think. I want to eat, keep warm, and enjoy my lifting program on a less strict deficit. After losing 25 pounds and now watching the scale move so slowly anyway, why not really embrace it, relax a little, and enjoy?

Anyone in the same boat?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yessum! I've got 4kgs(10ish lbs) to lose and I'm averaging 1kg(2.2lbs) a month
  • pmanney
    pmanney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am. I've been on a 1200-calorie diet, but, lately, am hungry all the time, and the scale has been stuck on the same number for the last six weeks anyway. Bumping up to 1500 calories a day as of today. (I still have 260 to put away before beddie-bye time.)

Still a bit of a belly, but my nutritionist tells me that I am a few pounds below the midpoint of my ideal weight range.

No bathing suit for me, though. I am allergic to sun due to a medicine I take, and am very pale-skinned anyway, and subject to skin cancer.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    pmanney wrote: »
    I am. I've been on a 1200-calorie diet, but, lately, am hungry all the time, and the scale has been stuck on the same number for the last six weeks anyway. Bumping up to 1500 calories a day as of today. (I still have 260 to put away before beddie-bye time.)

Still a bit of a belly, but my nutritionist tells me that I am a few pounds below the midpoint of my ideal weight range.

No bathing suit for me, though. I am allergic to sun due to a medicine I take, and am very pale-skinned anyway, and subject to skin cancer.

Yes! Eat! I was at a tiny deficit of 250 calories per day, for .5 lbs/week loss. I ended up being hungry anyway, so I'm going to take it even slower if I need to.

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    They kinda just naturally go slow all by themselves, right? It's almost like they'll never get here...
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I spend a month in the carribean in December while still having 20 to go. Didn't count a single calorie the whole time and didn't gain any weight. So I had a nice break from being on my fat reduction plan. Now with only 10 to go I am anxious to get to goal so I can start adding muscle mass. Getting to my goal BF% is only step 1 in the big plan. Am I in a hurry ? Nope, just motivated.
  • arditarose
    Options
    They kinda just naturally go slow all by themselves, right? It's almost like they'll never get here...

Yeah, they do. I just figured I'd embrace it a little bit more and be just as happy with one pound per month as two. I had a diet break this weekend and it was so lovely.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I have 4.3lbs left to go and I am taking it very slowly. Some days I am only 100 or so below TDEE. I don't even care. My husband comes back from his deployment sometime in the next few months and while he was gone I have managed to bust butt and lose 42lbs. I am taking these last 4 slow and just going to enjoy myself, even if it takes until December to see them go.lol
  • arditarose
    Options
    I have 4.3lbs left to go and I am taking it very slowly. Some days I am only 100 or so below TDEE. I don't even care. My husband comes back from his deployment sometime in the next few months and while he was gone I have managed to bust butt and lose 42lbs. I am taking these last 4 slow and just going to enjoy myself, even if it takes until December to see them go.lol

Wow...So he hasn't seen you since you lost the weight?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

wow that is an awesome loss. I bet you can't wait to see your hubbies reaction :DB)

• arditarose
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    I spend a month in the carribean in December while still having 20 to go. Didn't count a single calorie the whole time and didn't gain any weight. So I had a nice break from being on my fat reduction plan. Now with only 10 to go I am anxious to get to goal so I can start adding muscle mass. Getting to my goal BF% is only step 1 in the big plan. Am I in a hurry ? Nope, just motivated.

Yeah, I am kind of anxious so finish this fat loss so I can get some mass too. But even if I rushed it, I'd be bulking in the summer which I don't really want to do, especially my first time. I figure I'll hang out in maintenance until September.

A month without gain is awesome! I spent a week in the carribean last summer, didn't log or gain either. Hope it was fun!
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    LOL I'm taking it slow with the entire 35lbs. I want to enjoy my life and not stress over every single calorie. I've lost 12 lbs since August, and with taking November and December off from all exercise but work (long hours) and eating all the holiday treats I wanted. I'm being a little more aggressive now that the holidays are over, but if I want a cookie I'm having a cookie.

I've failed so many times in the past with denial of things I wanted for some perceived need to lose 10lbs in 5 weeks. Not going there this time.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I've hovered around 125-130 since winter began. I think this is my comfortable winter weight. Any lower and I'm freezing all the time. I still fit into my small clothes and am working out quite a bit, so that is helping me from worrying about the scale.

Once I hit my previous goal of 125, I decided to lower my goal to 119, but getting there has been an uphill battle. I'm going to reevaluate that goal this summer to see if it's realistically attainable for me. Lowering my BF% is more important to me now anyway.

Ah! 130 is my new goal. I think I'm about 8 pounds away (haven't weighed myself much this month). My body fat % is the most important to me now too. Unfortunately I don't even know what it is at the moment :(
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The pounds aren't as important anymore (course I'm in a re-comp), the inches are. They take it slow, all by themselves. STILL, don't get me wrong, when a pound goes, I still get excited! :#
  • arditarose
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    The pounds aren't as important anymore (course I'm in a re-comp), the inches are. They take it slow, all by themselves. STILL, don't get me wrong, when a pound goes, I still get excited! :#

I know they naturally go slowly. But I'm just saying I won't be upset if I don't lose that .5 a week, which is slow and what I had been shooting for. Anyway, I'm trying to relax mentally as well.

I still need to ask you questions about your recomp by the way.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I know they naturally go slowly. But I'm just saying I won't be upset if I don't lose that .5 a week, which is slow and what I had been shooting for. Anyway, I'm trying to relax mentally as well.

This is kind of where I am, only it happened by accident that I got there. I just quit stressing out about it and heck probably gonna drop weight due to reduced cortisol! laughs
  • higgins8283801
    Options

Nope! He knows I lost and he's seen my face on skype but other than that..it will be a surprise!

• arditarose
    Options

This is kind of where I am, only it happened by accident that I got there. I just quit stressing out about it and heck probably gonna drop weight due to reduced cortisol! laughs

For real.

I'm also looking forward to having a little more calories for my lifts. Don't know if it will make a huge difference but I'm definitely stalling a bit.
  • higgins8283801
    Options

wow that is an awesome loss. I bet you can't wait to see your hubbies reaction :DB)

I am ready! :) we don't have long to go now!

• arditarose
    Options

Nope! He knows I lost and he's seen my face on skype but other than that..it will be a surprise!

Wow...That's so awesome. Congratulations.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I've slowed down to .5 a week - but I'm anxious about getting to maintenance (I've lost 69 so far, 16 to go). I'm scared I won't be able to do it. So on one hand, I'm ready to slow down, but I think it's mostly out of fear, so that's no good.

I'm a hot mess :/