Terrified of loose skin! :(

Options
2»

Replies

• SeanSilk
    SeanSilk Posts: 12
    Options
    I am 35 years young, and I have loose skin around my lower stomach area due to rapid weight loss. I have a 4-pack of
    Abs, and the development of the Abs is pushing the loose skin down, so at times it seems bigger, then it shrinks.
    Give it time. It will go back to normal. It just takes time.

When men gain weight (mine was with Celexa, and Wellbutrin made me lose weight), they store most in the stomach, whereas
    women in the their thighs. I know it's a pain, trust me, but it will disappear in time. I've been working out at the gym for 18 months already and I've made really good progress with gaining muscles (I'm Mesomorphic).

Surgery can be your last option, but no insurance covers it. And I agree with you that you'd rather be healthy and have loose skin then to be obese. I'm the same way. Just hang in there and keep the faith.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I've come to terms with the fact that my breasts (which were once perfect) and stomach (always pretty meh) are going to have loose skin and stretch marks from the mass amount of weight I gained rapidly once that weight comes back off. I will take that over feeling trapped in this pile of jelly I'm in now. I make sure to pay extra attention to those areas when I put oil on after a shower in hopes it will help minimize the effects.

I destroyed areas of my body by being an overindulgent *kitten* for two years, and I will always have reminders of that.
  • LadyArchangel
    LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I worry about it too! i'm 23 years old and scared of it. I have started to incorporate strength training into my routines, so I'm hoping that will help. Plus I lost pretty fast in the beginning. I already know my arms will be the bigger problem. Already are causing issues.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I am going to lose 1/2 my weight to get to goal and I'm in my 60s. I have every intention of looking like a sharpei when I'm done and I will wave my excess skin as a banner proclaiming my accomplishment! :bigsmile:

Oh yeah, this!