question about how to log marinade

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
Hi, I was hoping someone could tell me how they log marinade.

Montreal seasoning made with water, vinegar & extra virgin olive oil. I made the packet but only ate what stuck to the steak...what do you log as the amount of olive oil consumed. (steak was 3.60 oz. I guessed a tablespoon ??? (amazed at how many calories that was)

Thanks

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit pedantic about this.

I make the marinade, and work out the calories in the lot by weight. I marinade my steak, then weigh the remaining marinade. That way I know exactly how much went on my steak.

If I'm marinading more than one bit of meat at a time, I just divide the amount used by the number of portions marinated.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'll have to remember that next time. :) thanks
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options

I make the marinade, and work out the calories in the lot by weight. I marinade my steak, then weigh the remaining marinade. That way I know exactly how much went on my steak.

If I'm marinading more than one bit of meat at a time, I just divide the amount used by the number of portions marinated.

Wow - I'm impressed!! Going to use this in the future too, thanks!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    SandyBVTN wrote: »

Wow - I'm impressed!! Going to use this in the future too, thanks!

No worries! I love my marinades and they can get a bit calorie heavy when I really get into it ;)
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    amunet07 wrote: »
    Montreal seasoning made with water, vinegar & extra virgin olive oil. I made the packet but only ate what stuck to the steak...what do you log as the amount of olive oil consumed.

Either I don't, or then ballpark it. I use a teaspoon (5 ml/grams) or tablespoon (15-25 ml/grams) as the value, whatever seems more appropriate. It doesn't matter. No one gets fat or fails to lose weight because they were off by 10 grams on the occasional condiment.