Do You Have Treat Days? Yes Or No?

Options
Do They Un Do Everything You Have Done Or Do They Ramp Up Your Metabolism??

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    For me, treat days turn into treat weeks which turn into treat months etc. I just try to fit "treats" into my daily calorie allowance.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Gosh, how much effort did it take you to capitalise every first letter :grinning:

No, I don't have treat days - every day I have calories to eat what you might consider 'treats' though .. meaning I work what I like to eat into my calories - I don't believe in deprivation diets

For example yesterday I had a packet of Quavers and a Crunchie Blast Ice Cream which accounted for 300 of my calories (my MFP base allowance is 1560 plus I gained an extra 400 with a training session .. 550 by HRM but I knock it down)

Tomorrow I shall be having Cava for around 2-300 calories

When I have more willpower I might eat a little less to fund the days when I have more

Today I am going to the gym for an extra session to boost my weekly average calorie allowance as my consumption this week has not left me enough calories for both Friday night out and Sunday lunch with friends (been PMT starving)
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I have days where I allow myself to eat whatever I want in moderation without weighing and measuring or counting… if that's what you are referring to. But that ends up being maybe 4 days a year. Otherwise… I fit treats into my daily calorie goal. I've managed to lose 135 pounds still eating chocolate, ice cream, brownies, etc.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I eat treats every day. I work them into my diet and account for them. They don't undo anything because I log them, and this is how I plan on eating for the rest of my life.
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    nope. i don't get why those are seen as a thing... treat days = binging... which is super unhealthy in the first place and on top of that, they make me feel guilty. i just work treats into my daily calorie goal and that knocks out the craving to binge for a full flippin' day.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    For me, treat days turn into treat weeks which turn into treat months etc. I just try to fit "treats" into my daily calorie allowance.

that's why i dont do it. i eat what i want, i just plan for it. i dont feel bad when i do have a 'bad' day, because i know the next day will be better, but no, i dont deliberately give myself cheat days. Holidays, special occasions are a different story but are pretty few and far between most of the time. I'm going to a party Sunday and know I'm screwed food wise, but I'm not worrying about it. one day in a month of doing awesome isn't going to mess me up, and I'm going to the gym that morning and will take an extra walk Monday.

I'd rather save my 'cheat' days for stuff like that, that happens once a month or every two months, than a random day every week.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I treat myself every day to delicious food. I love to cook and make sure that what I eat is tasty. If I decide I want to eat something, I work it into my calories. There's nothing that ever gets undone if you plan and account for it.
  • E_Ashton
    E_Ashton Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree last week was my treat week (accidentally) and it was hard to get back out of! Try and stick within your calories so maybe eat extra healthy with a few treats as well or go slightly over your limit - don't over do it because trust me it's so hard to get back out of and your will power diminishes a lot!
  • damiend1985
    damiend1985 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's wise to give yourself a treat day - instead if a social event comes up, take it as a chance to loosen the rules a little - for the sake of sanity its worth giving the regime a night off - just be wise to get back on it again the next day

Substance over form - its the same idea - but you're not actively sitting waiting to treat yourself!

Live life, have fun - health and fitness is all about working towards a better lifestyle - a lifestyle of chicken and brown rice ain't for me!
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm following Chris Powells carb cycling which every saturday i can have a guilt free day, most days i have between 1200 - 1500 cals but on saturday i can have up to 2500 cals. works for me so far lost 66lbs.
  • zoe_mfp
    Options
    No, but I have days when I eat something I shouldnt and call it a "treat day"
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yes, Christmas day, my birthday and Easter. Usually I fit something into my macros as and when I feel like.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    no.never.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm totally into whether or not food fits my calories. My exception to that is Traditional Feast Days. (Thanksgiving, Christmas...) Even by the most generous count, there's only eight or ten in most cultures.

But if I have an extra 79 calories floating around, hell YEAH, I'm going to have a Lindt truffle! If it fits my calories, it's part of my diet.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Every day I fit a treat into my calories
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've been here for 51 days, lost 8lbs, 2lbs from goal. I've had 1 day where I didn't log, but more than likely didn't go over. Tomorrow my BF and I are doing a Beer Fest for his birthday, we got the highest level tickets that provides food. I'm not logging the entire day. Not worth it. I'll be back to normal on Saturday. Oh, and this past Sat - Tue this week I've been about 400+ calories under since I was sick, so I consider that banked calories.

Other days, the non-special ones in between, you better bet I'll log. And I'll be under my goal. What's why I'm here.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I have a treat everyday!
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I have a treat everyday!

+1

I am eating a variation of the 80/20 method (90/10 for me) and regular indulgence is built in because it is simply humanly impossible to eat on target 100% of the time. I have been able to maintain w/relative ease going on 2 yrs now.

Having said that when I 'indulge' I portion out ONE serving of whatever it is. I NEVER grab the entire bag and sit down somewhere and mindlessly go to town on it. THAT is not the kind of indulgence I'm referring to. lol

If you indulge within reason (portion size) then you should be fine because the alternative of self deprivation is binging.

Best of luck to you.
  • julieannmcgeever
    Options
    Sorry I don't have a pic yet. Yes I eat treats and work them into my count for the day or work it off. It is really nice to see others like myself here where a diet should be about quality of food and life and not always feeling low because you are doing with out.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Honestly every day is like a treat day because I pretty much eat what I want. I rather sweat and die than be deprived of food.