Buying a smaller dress for motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would wait. June is a long way off and you don't know what will flatter your body shape at that point.
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have got so many UK size 10 & 12 (I think that's US 6 & 8) dresses in my wardrobe that I've bought as incentive to slim into over the past few years. Most have them have not been worn at all or maybe squeezed into just the once!!! The beautiful dress I bought to wear on a girls night out for my 40th birthday still hangs in there never touched for the 2 years since that big celebration. Very depressing!!! I'm determined to get into them this year as I have lots of events coming up (a family wedding, my 10 year wedding anniversary, my husbands 40th b'day) but I don't recommend buying an expensive dress just yet to anyone. It'll make you feel bad to see it hanging there if you can't get into it or it may not fit right once your body changes.

Like everyone has said....you've got a few months....see how it goes and try some dresses on nearer to the time. Start a fund....for every lb you lose put a set amount in a jar (as someone else suggested) depending on your budget. The more weight you lose, the bigger your dress/outfit budget!!!

Good Luck!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    miaelissa wrote: »
    I am 5'6 and my size 20s are getting loose but my 18s are still tight. Buying a dress for a cousins wedding in June. Estimate to be down to 200 or lower by then including the weight I lost since the end of December. Dress will serve as extra motivation. Do you think a size 14 will work on a 5'6 female at 198-200 pounds?

the problem with that is that it just might not fit right regardless of whether its the right size... it might be too big across the shoulders or tight round the hips.

why not put some money in a jar for every pound you lose, and then you can treat yourself to a nice dress in May when you know what size you are?

I like the money in a jar idea :)
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I also like the money in the jar idea. You have incentive plus being able to get a gorgeous dress for the wedding.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!