Frozen dinners

Options
How many of you use frozen dinners such as lean cuisean, healthy choice etc on your diet

Replies

• kali_athena
    kali_athena Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use frozen breakfasts, specifically the Jimmy Dean Delights bowls, Amy's breakfast burritos, and various oatmeal/fruit bowls.
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    I use them, but not usually "diet" dinners like lean cuisine. I use the normal frozen ones. Sometimes I add something like extra protein or extra veg to bulk it up.

A lot of people are worried about sugar and sodium in them, but I have low blood pressure so I need the sodium. I don't add it to my own food. :smile:
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I use them occasionally, usually for lunch at work.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I eat a Banquet frozen dinner nearly every day for lunch at work. I combine that with some yogurt and fruit. It isn't exactly health food but it is hot and convenient.

They are also inexpensive. They are normally $1 each at Walmart and normally $.89 each at Save-a-lot. I really hate shopping at Save-a-lot so I go in once every two months and buy 5 or 6 cases of them.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yuck! I like my own cooking, plus it has less sodium.
  • Datarn
    Datarn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Usually for lunch at work - very convenient!
  • melodyesch
    melodyesch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I try to do my own cooking and take home made food for lunch, but I keep a few in the freezer in the event that something happens and I don't have anything to take for lunch. It definitely saves me from the work cafeteria, where goodness knows what the nutritional value of the food. But yes, the sodium can be outrageous!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I keep some in the office freezer as a lunch backup for when I have no leftovers or haven't prepped something else.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Very very rarely for lunch I'll have a frozen meal from TJ's. That really only happens when I've bought something for my daughter that she won't eat (hate wasting food). I really can't stand the salt anymore and I prefer fresh food.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    melodyesch wrote: »
    I try to do my own cooking and take home made food for lunch, but I keep a few in the freezer in the event that something happens and I don't have anything to take for lunch. It definitely saves me from the work cafeteria, where goodness knows what the nutritional value of the food. But yes, the sodium can be outrageous!

Yup! Me too!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Michelina's almost every day for lunch.
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am similar to others in that I always have some in the freezer (at work and at home) in case I can't find anything else. While they are not the best for you it is certainly better than running through the drive through!

I have found that the further I get on my weight loss journey the less I rely on them. Most don't fill me up enough and I don't look forward to eating them like I do homemade soups or leftovers from dinner.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I have seen several newbies on here talking about the, so I guess they're convenient for people while they try to get their calories under control. I might use them if I didn't have ample time to prepare meals. The only frozen things I eat are Boca Burgers. I tried to make my own and somehow came in with even more sodium (probably the canned beans).
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    On nights I am working out and hubby is left to himself he has one of these:
    bbq-chicken.png
    Personally I don't like my veggies marinating in water.

I've recently converted hubby over from take-out pizza to this:
    Dr.-Oetker-Ristorante-Pizza-Hawaii.jpg?itok=o5YAT6oG

The nutrition on the pizza.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I make my own frozen dinners. Every night when I make dinner I make enough to make at least 2 or 3 frozen dinners. By months end I have a whole freezer full of various dinners to choose from and then when I want something quick, easy and delicious I have them on hand.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Not me...I eat soups, protien such as tuna and chicken with veggies.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I stock up on smartones when they go on sale and eat them when I don't have leftovers to take for lunch.
  • dianaeatworld
    dianaeatworld Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to take them for lunch all the time but got sick of them real quick. The diet ones are really bland and the regular ones are too heavy and make me tired. If I don't have leftovers from the night before, I either take a can of soup, make a sandwich or make a salad.
  • heather_hearts_travel
    Options
    I use them for lunches at work, but I'm trying to shift away from them. They keep me out of the food court attached to my building, but they're almost always heavier on the sodium and lighter on the protein than I prefer.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I have Amy's kitchen often. especially the vegetarian lasagne. so good !
    I also find that my portion sizes are smaller when someone else sets them. For some reason if I make my own meal and its small then I want more but if it is a prepackaged single portion then feels ok.