What kind of snacks/foods are high in fiber??

I'm interested in knowing because i just read an article that stated that eating 10 grams of fiber will help you carry 4% less belly fat daily. thanks.

Replies

• r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Fruit and vegetables are high in fiber!
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Also beans.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Start with whole foods (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans). If you are looking for a prepackaged snack I love Quest Bars. They are high in protein and fiber (about 17g fiber per bar). Also low calorie. Fiber makes you feel fuller longer which is why you will lose weight, however don't think after eating one 10g serving of fiber you will be 2 sizes smaller. Everyone should eat a minimum of 25g fiber daily. Eating more or going from a low/no fiber diet to a high fiber diet can cause gas & abdominal discomfort, but this typically subsides once the body is used to it.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Kiwis!
  • Raspberries
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I actually looked this up this morning. I went here and got a few ideas..

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/high-fiber-foods/art-20050948

I will def start choosing some options that I have not been buying (like additional fruits and veggies I don't normally buy).

Hope this gives you an idea!
  • annmlasota2
    annmlasota2 Posts: 2 Member
    Check out the brand kashi all their products are high in fiber!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    gia07 wrote: »
    I actually looked this up this morning. I went here and got a few ideas..

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/high-fiber-foods/art-20050948

I will def start choosing some options that I have not been buying (like additional fruits and veggies I don't normally buy).

Hope this gives you an idea!

Thank you, that is so helpful! I gotta start eating more raspberries.
  • CelticValentine
    CelticValentine Posts: 7 Member
    chia and flax seeds are a good addition to a lot of meals and they're high in fiber with a lot of other benefits.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    A cup of roasted garbanzo beans is 12 grams of fiber, 15 grams of protein and 239 calories. Almost as good as Quest bars, except that they are real food. A quarter cup makes a nice afternoon snack. I don't like garbanzos except in hummus and roasted like this.