Healthy foods while breast-feeding

Options
I am currently breast-feeding my seven week old little boy. He has a very sensitive stomach and gets extremely gassy when I have too much dairy gassy vegetables like beans and broccoli and eggs. I'm trying to start to eat healthier but i'm having problems finding healthy food that won't upset my little one stomach does anybody have any suggestions for me.

Replies

• chickenz
    chickenz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for convenient healthy foods to eat while breastfeeding.
  • ashes1017
    ashes1017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try quinoa. It's delicious and you can make it with steam veggies! Have you tried eating lentils? They should give the baby gas, and they're super healthy! Oatmeal is another good option! My baby also had a sensitive stomach and was gassy! So I'm trying to recall what I ate while BFing her.
  • ashes1017
    ashes1017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Also try and avoid things with soy especially for boys!
  • OblasMummy
    OblasMummy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Dairy gave my baby gas x
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work mama! Lean meats are an important way to get your protein. You can have some extra calories now so nuts make a great healthy snack that requires no prep at all. There are lots of veggies that may not be so gassy for baby, zucchini other squashes etc. don't forget about fruits. Don't try to cut too many calories now. Listen to your body and eat when you are hungry. I've breastfed twice and I feel like it really takes a full three months to regulate supply and get into the swing of things, just try to focus on making the foods that you do eat quality foods
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Nuts are great! So are sandwiches.

My kids were nursing maniacs, so I ate while they ate usually....I had lots of crumbs on my babies' heads, LOL.