when will I see weight loss

I have started working out last November.... going to the gym 5-6 days per week.... doing 55 minutes on treadmill, 3 incline, 3.5 speed... then I do machines with arm and leg excercises 15 reps on 6 machines x 2.... I have lost inches.... but don't see the scale moving very fast... only 13 lbs... OK OK muscle weights more than fat... but when does the muscle eat up some of that fat stuff.....

Replies

• kechipooh
    kechipooh Posts: 3 Member
    The scales are not necessarily the best measure of weight loss or progress. Like you said yourself, you've lost inches so its clearly working. Perhaps try taking pictures so you can measure your weight loss by comparing pictures of how much leaner you look.
  • I was told it could take few weeks to show progress. I use the picture taking method to show my progress.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    sdeaaz wrote:
    I have started working out last November... I have lost inches, but don't see the scale moving very fast, only 13 lbs. OK OK muscle weights more than fat, but when does the muscle eat up some of that fat stuff?
    Your ticker says 0 lb lost, 23 to go?
    With so little to lose, it's going to go slowly. 0.5 lb per week would be a very good loss. So you've been at this about 12 weeks and have lost about 1 lb per week. I'd say you're ahead of the game! :smiley:

If you're seeing inches lost, even without the weight going down, you've lost fat. Fat is fluffy, muscle is compact.
    Sounds like you're doing a fair amount of exercise, obviously you're losing fat & probably gaining some muscle mass. Even maintaining muscle mass while losing fat is good.