WII Fit Plus

I'm thinking of getting Wii Fit Plus. Do those of you who have the Wii Fit Plus like the exercise games it comes with? I have a Wii but I don't have the board or the other stuff for exercise so I thought I would buy the game box with everything in it. I just don't know if the games are good or if I need to get another exercise game pack. I'm just getting into fitness again and need some exercise to supplement my treadmill. I went online to Nintendo and saw some of the exercise games with this Fit Plus but they only had a few they showed.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    It's great for starting ground. It will get you up and moving. I actually love (and miss) the balance games it had and the weight tracking(my wii died). Other workout games that are good for the wii (these were my main forms of exercise last year):

Just Dance (any of the games)
    EA Sports Active 2.0 (similar to circuit training)
    Golds Gym Cardio Workout (fun cardio boxing)
    Your Shape
  • LemonJADE
    LemonJADE Posts: 89 Member
    I love the wii fit plus! I used it today, it's a great way to track yourself and you can see the progress. The games are good fun and it has muscle and yoga workouts too which are very helpful!
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    I LOVE my wii!
    I use Your Shape daily and the original Wii Fit Plus games about once a week.

They're good fun, when you don't feel like braving the outdoors and track your calorie burn as you go.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Diana, unless you are going to use it then I would not waste your money.

I have a Wii and X box kinect I used them at first and bought some games and exercise programs, can I be bothered now to use them, the answer is a big fat NO.

Think long and hard before you spend your cash if you can do something for free.

There are lots of videos on Youtube

You can look at hasfit.com on the internet to find exercise programs

There are most likely things on your TV channels that you don`t know about that offer exercise/yoga etc
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    I have a wii fit plus, and it's collecting dust under the couch while i run outside and lift weights in the basement...

BUT it was my first step in getting active, lasted about 2 months, until i didn't find it challenging enough anymore. that was the cardio mainly, stepping on the 3" or so platform just didn't do it for me anymore. even with the extra step i put under it.
    the strength and yoga are ok, just not very flexible - i would have loved to save different routines...