Is it too much?

I go for a 45 minute walk/jog every morning when I first wake up. There are a lot of hills. I am also doing the P90X program when I get home after school and work every day. Is this too much??? I am trying to not only look my best but also prepare for the Warrior Dash in late September. I am 22 years old, 130 lbs, and 5 feet tall. I am not really trying to drop weight on the scale but I just want to tone up overall., I guess you could say I am skinny fat.

Replies

• wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Not at all. As long as your body is not falling apart any level is fine.

However if you start feeling like you are having a really hard time getting going then step back a little and then start going again once you recover.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Your body will generally tell you if you're overtraining. Depending on how long you've been running you may want to dial it back to no more than 5 runs / week and mix up the intensity / distances. Most of your runs should be at a pace at which you can carry on a conversation and you should have one longer, slower run weekly (this is the one that really builds your endurance).

I haven't done a Warrior dash (yet) but they look like a lot of fun! Good luck with your training!