Logging exercise

Options
Having trouble logging my exercise. Half the things I do can't be found in MFP, and I'm doubtful about the accuracy of the rest? I don't know how to log things like Aquasize. And exercises like Russian Twists? Is it better to log inaccurately, or just not log at all? Anyone else having these issues?

Replies

• CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Angelfire, the time you do Russian Twists and similar you can log as "Strength Training" (if you take short breaks between sets) or "Circuit Training" (if you take no breaks).

You certainly burned some calories and those are reasonable estimates that have worked for me and I've used them often to successfully lose weight.

MyFitnessPal also has an entry for "Water Aerobics". For something exotic like that, I'd do a quick Google to see if it's reasonable. Remember, just about everything on this journey is an estimate, including the calories in packaged foods! Do your best to minimize error and move on. :)
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    [delete]

• Sls2bhealthy
    Sls2bhealthy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me to log things like Russian Twists, etc. as Circuit Training as long as you are not taking more than a 15 second break between sets. I do a boot camp type workout with a trainer twice a week and log it as Circuit Training. I only get 195 calories burned for it (I just log 45 minutes as there's warm up and cool down time), which is probably very low, but I'd rather error on the side of caution. Now, once upgrade to the Fitbit Charge HR I will have a truly accurate calorie burn! Can't wait.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, this really helps! And I didn't know there was a "water aerobics", lol.
  • Ksnider414
    Ksnider414 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do all of my exercises with a TRX and there's nothing for that either. Even when I've tried logging what I think will be similar, MFP never applies anything so I gave up trying.
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I just make a generic setup, basically just to keep a schedule of which body part I haven't worked in the cycle....if that makes sense. Feel free to add me and look at my diary...everyone is welcome to add!