special k

Options
Has anyone really tried the 2 week diet plan with spec. k

Replies

• TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    The special K diet in itself really don't work for the long term unless you plan of buying their products for life.

I used to eat their products because I enjoy the taste but they are way too high in sugar and price for me to incorporate them often. I rather Quest bars instead of their protein bars. I rather other cereals that are cheaper. Their snack options don't keep me full for long. I rather some fruit, nuts or dairy.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I did in high school...I thought it was really unsustainable. It only allows you to have a protein bar for lunch and, frankly, that's not enough for me. Also, it allows you to essentially binge for dinner saying to eat almost anything you want for dinner...and I always went crazy to make up for the rest of the day.

I prefer to just make an entire lifestyle change and still enjoy my special k in the AM :)
  • indyducks
    indyducks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Any short term plan will not enable the long term lifestyle change that is needed in order to sustain any weight loss. Even if this 2-wk plan does work, is it something that you are willing to do forever? If not, probably not a good option. Just my $.02.
  • itsnowornevercici
    itsnowornevercici Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine did the diet a few years back. when she stopped she gained the weight twice over. diets don't work its just a fact. its a short term solution with horrible long term issues. we didn't gain the weight overnight and loosing it is equally hard.

i'd rather stick it out longterm knowing that i've made a lifestyle change with great results :)