Pear ladies...workout gear?

Options
I'm about to start training for a 10k and want to treat myself to some new workout clothes. Especially with the winter weather and all. Sooooo pear-shaped beauties, what are your favorite brands?

Replies

• lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am pretty pear shaped, but on bottom I typically wear compression capris to stop the jiggle, haha. Best fits I've found are Old Navy compression and Athleta rev capri. I have a long torso and these two styles don't slip down since my waist to hip ratio is quite extreme. :)

For tanks I like Athleta extra long Chi tank and New Balance tanks I find at Marshall's or Nordstrom Rack.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Old Navy compression capris are awesome! I have one of their compression tops as well as I am a bit busty too. I also have 2 tops from g2oh.com that are pretty awesome!
  • soliver138
    soliver138 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Xersion brand compression capris hold me in pretty well too. I'm very hippy and alot of thighs
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am cheap, I get my workout clothes from Kohl's, Costco and Target.
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I don't want to recommend any particular brand but I have recently started buying workout clothes at TJ Maxx...you can get some pretty nice stuff for a good price there. The brands never stay the same really though...
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! Lili61, I have the same issue. I bought some pants from Walmart and they started off fitting, as time passed, they were almost falling :-(
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Maybe try the Old Navy compression, then. This is the style I get and they don't slip. Better yet, they're pretty affordable and often go on sale.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=810761002