bride to be is a binge eater

Options
Hi, my name is Brittany Campbell, I am marrying the love of my life on August 22nd (hopefully) next year and have around 80 pounds to loose.

Only problem is that I am a binge eater. When I feel a strong emotion, sadness or stress or anger I tend to start binge-ing. I'm just looking for support and tips to turn my horrible, terrible habit into a better one that will help me loose and keep the weight off.

I am on fitbit, if anyone wants to add me please pm me and I will be happy to add you or vice versa. I am also on Pump up under the same name.

this is me saying, hello

82355789.png

Replies

• Datarn
    Datarn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Use your fitbit to see how active you are. And use it to challenge yourself! Mine has helped a lot - and using fitness pal to log EVERYTHING - food and activity. Good luck!!
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Biggest thing that helps me (because, yes, I know your pain well) is a balanced approach. My treat/binge-y foods are not forbidden, nothing is, but I also don't keep them in the house. If I want a soda/chocolate/chips/etc, that's absolutely fine (as long as they fit in my calories), but I have to go out to get them. That alone is often enough to deter me, especially if the weather sucks. If I want it bad enough to go out for it, I buy the smallest container available. IE, a 20oz bottle of Sprite instead of a 2 liter or a case of cans, a check-out aisle bag of chips instead of the party bag, a slice or two of pizza instead of a whole pie, a single-serving ice cream cup instead of a pint/quart/gallon.

Also, for the love of God, please don't go crazy with the calorie limits. Let me point you at the TDEE-% method instead. You don't have to be hungry, you don't have to sacrifice goodies, and real sustainable weight loss is possible. I have to run right now, but I'll be back later, & sending you a friend request too.
  • Amasse44
    Amasse44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany,
    I hope your journey has gone well for you since January. My name is Alycia, I too am a binge eater and have been struggling for the last two years with gaining and losing weight. My weight has varied within a 20lb window during this time. I'm very active which helps keep my binges from totally wrecking my fitness efforts. I'm at the high end of that window now and am hoping to lose about 20-25 lbs. I'm looking for someone to be accountable to and get support from and hopefully I'm able to do those things for the other person. If you are still looking for support let me know - I can use some for sure. Let me know how things are going for you.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could benefit from some counseling?
  • themightyboo5h
    themightyboo5h Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try watching this documentary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02ddsd9

It identifies the different types of eaters and the best foods to eat.