Fibromyalgia ,Lupus and fitness ??

Options
I became very ill a few months ago and discovered I have fibromyalgia which basiccally means I suffer with pain everywhere the nerves fibres and muscles are mainly affected but it also causes cronic fatigue,theres lots of other bits to it but thats the main things, Im seeing my consult next week to get the results on the Lupus but Im wondering if theres others out there struggling like me.

I had lost about 4st and was successfully holding down a full time job and fitness training 4 days a week with a personal trainer, then I got ill very quickly the weight crept back on, I cant work I cant train :( and Im left wondering how others have brought themselves back from this.

A simple thing like cooking can leave me exhusted to the point I go to sleep on a bad day

I want to get fit again !!! any ideas are greatly welcomed
thanks in advance

Replies

• Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I have fibromyalgia, diagnosed over 20 years ago. Diet is huge - gotta eat good whole foods - and exercise is vital. I am active 6 days/week for exercise. If you want to be friends for support, please friend me.
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Find exercise that you can manage, even if it's just a short walk down a hallway. Build up distance as you are ready to. I find exercise greatly helps my nerve pain but understand the days when fatigue is so bad you can't even feed yourself. Do what you can when you can and celebrate those successes.