Quest Bars

Options
After hearing about them for months I finally went to GNC and bought one today. Biggest waste of $2.99 ever. I can't even finish it. Blech.
01exqbgcj4jx.jpg

Replies

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Haha. It depends on the flavor. I think quite a few of them are blah but I can stand the cookie dough and cookies and cream pretty well
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I got the chocolate peanut butter because what's not to love about chocolate and peanut butter? I'll stick with Pure Protein and Balance bars, even though they have more calories and less protein. :)
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    It is highly dependent on the flavor.

I personally HATE the cookies and cream one. The smores one is good. The brownie one is tasty. The chocolate chip one is good too. I like to microwave mine for 8 seconds or throw it in the oven under the broil for a few mins so they get warm and gooey.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I got the chocolate peanut butter because what's not to love in chocolate and peanut butter? I'll stick with Pure Protein and Balance bars, even though they have more calories and less protein. :)

Oh ya no blech hated that one. Also the strawberry cheesecake one was gross, too xD. I haven't had those but I've had some protein bars that were like chalk.

Microwaving for 15 sec or so helps, too :D
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    While I definitely didn't like the taste and will not purchase them again, I didn't have a hard time finishing it.
  • hon918
    hon918 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yup, same here. I tried the brownie and choc. chunk ones this week. Hard to finish and left a weird aftertaste.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    While I definitely didn't like the taste and will not purchase them again, I didn't have a hard time finishing it.

I seriously went and used the mouthwash dispenser in the ladies' room at work. :p
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

I seriously went and used the mouthwash dispenser in the ladies' room at work. :p

:) haha. That's pretty bad. I haven't had that flavor though so I can't comment. None of them that I have tried has tasted good. Definitely not worth the price in my opinion.

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Depends on flavor, as noted. I hate the brownie and the peanut butter, love raspberry white chocolate, cookies and cream, and cookie dough (tho I ate so many cookie dough I go burned out.)
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've been sampling and buying different flavors. My favorite so far is the new S'mores flavor. Huge chunks of chocolate--it was delicious.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, S'Mores, Cookies & Cream, & I am pretty sure I liked the Brownie flavor.

I remember I didn't care for the Lemon flavor & definitely didn't like the Double Chocolate Chunk.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Has anyone risked their wallet and taste buds on the peanut butter & jelly flavor?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    hon918 wrote: »
    Yup, same here. I tried the brownie and choc. chunk ones this week. Hard to finish and left a weird aftertaste.

Lol those 2 are my favorites! I microwave them for 9 seconds. I know what you mean about the aftertaste, you don't get that if you microwave the.
    They're $5 each here, so can't have many, otherwise I could eat them all day long
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Totally agree that it depends on the flavor. Personally, I couldn't stand the Pure Protein bars I tried, lol.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I microwave them too and I like them. But I've never tried a peanut butter flavour because my SO is super allergic.

I stick to cookie dough, the chocolate one or cookies and cream.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the PB one either--I think that is the worst. The apple pie and the vanilla almond crunch are really tasty.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I like the coconut cashew flavor the best. Cookie dough didn't do much for me. Cinnamon roll? Blecch.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Has anyone risked their wallet and taste buds on the peanut butter & jelly flavor?

I got a trial box with different flavors and I have that one. I'm scared to try it haha.

I LOVED the lemon. And any of the peanut butter based ones. And vanilla almond.

There's only a couple I'm not fond of and I love the texture because I'm a strange person with food texture.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious, I commented almost the exact same thing yesterday. I tried the Cookies and Cream and the Chocolate Peanut Butter. I couldn't even eat more than a bite of the CPB one, and the C&C I managed to choke down half before wanting to rinse my mouth out with soap.

There was definitely a weird artificial sweetener taste to it - and I drink Diet Coke every day so I'm not opposed to it, it just was so prevalent...

I really thought everyone in the world loved these things. Glad to find out I'm not alone.
  • lauraldrum
    lauraldrum Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love them. I bought a variety pack on Amazon! They taste like candy to me. I eat one daily!!!!