Bulletproof Coffee...Busted

Options
2»

Replies

• AthenaLu
    AthenaLu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You also need to look at the bigger picture. No, drinking bulletproof coffee will not allow you to magically lose weight and I don't think Dave Asprey claims that anywhere - It's part of a diet/lifestyle that burns fat be "scheduling" your body to be in ketosis for the majority of the day. The butter (fat) in the coffee just helps keep you satiated for longer while you fast (you only are supposed to eat in the same 8 hour window once a day, for example from 2 pm - 10 pm).
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I just thought people drank it to up their fat intake, especially for a LCHF diet.
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I had to stop reading and gag at all the credit "Food Babe" got in this article!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Bullet roof coffee is just a modern day take off of yak butter tea which has been consumed in Tibet and Nepal for thousands of years. It is for energy not as a cleanse.

Except that that butter tea is delicious and nothing like bulletproof coffee.

On the otherhand, I bet oily coffee really gets things moving.

How to make Real Deal (ish, since you probably don't have access to yak butter):

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I had to stop reading and gag at all the credit "Food Babe" got in this article!

I can't stand Food Babe - she's a total tool.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I just thought people drank it to up their fat intake, especially for a LCHF diet.

It definitely helps with fat intake, I have that with a scoop of protein powder in the morning and I'm full till lunch.

It also doesn't taste oily at all, I blend it in my ninja and it ends up being frothy and creamy like a cappuccino. No ill affects digestively either.

It's not for everyone but I love it :)
  • SciranBG
    SciranBG Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've never tried butter, because I don't buy unsalted butter. But I have tried oil and it is delicious. Never heard it would help me lose weight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I love "bulletproof" hot chocolate. I use chocolate protein powder instead of coffee.