Nutritional Values for apples?

I was digging through "My Food" trying to make my entries more accurate, using this website for the fruit at least. I tried searching different types of apples, but it has just a general "apples" with modifications such as skinless and such. Do all apples (at the same weight) have the same or nearly the same values/calories??

The website does have individual options for different types of oranges (navel, mandarin, ect), it also seems pretty accurate, IMO.

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    edited January 2015
    I think they're all quite similar. Why not use the database? I have had no problem finding the type of apple I'm having.

Edit: here you go, I've even changed all the weights so they're roughly the samenak7yvuzqd3a.jpg
  • 3laine75 wrote: »
    I think they're all quite similar. Why not use the database? I have had no problem finding the type of apple I'm having.

Oh, just for ease of use. That way I don't have to go digging for an entry that is correct and has the listing in grams. :D

I was just curious mostly as some apples taste quite different from others.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I must admit, I'm surprised Granny Smith and golden delicious are so similar with one being sweet and the other not. Benefits of being bored - learned something new :smiley:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    3laine75 wrote: »
    I must admit, I'm surprised Granny Smith and golden delicious are so similar with one being sweet and the other not. Benefits of being bored - learned something new :smiley:

Nerding is fun! I'd think they'll both contain the same amount of sugar, but Granny Smith has more acid. Acid? Sounds dangerous :o
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I use the Nutritiondata entry for my apples because it is easier than having to dig through and find one that matches. It is weird that it has the same for all apples but different for most oranges.
  • lauraldrum
    lauraldrum Posts: 55 Member
    I like the Calorie King website.