Harry Potter Themed Exercise Challenge

Options
xxghost
xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Beauxcrest.jpg

Hello!

I am starting up an exercise challenge to run in conjunction with the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge. Unlike Hogwarts, which is built around weigh-ins, Beauxbatons Academy will focus on challenges only - exercise, food, and Harry Potter Trivia.

Here is some information on the challenge, which will all take place in a MFP group:

Basics:
  • This is an activity that will run in conjunction with the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge.
  • Participants in this challenge will not record their weights - this group will be used for bi-weekly exercise, food, and trivia questions only.

The Challenges:
  • There will be three unique challenges for this tournament.
  • The first challenge will run from 12:01 AM (EST) on Sunday, Feb 1 to 11:59 PM (EST) on Saturday, Feb 7.
  • The second challenge will run from 12:01 AM (EST) on Sunday, Feb 15 to 11:59 PM (EST) on Saturday, Feb 21.
  • The third challenge will run from 12:01 AM (EST) on Sunday, Mar 1 to 11:59 PM (EST) on Saturday, Mar 7.
  • Put simply, these challenges will be one week on, one week off, one week on, one week off, etc.
  • Specifics for the challenges will be posted on the Friday before the challenge starts.
  • Hogwarts will receive the same information at the same time, so not to give one school an advantage.
  • Challenges will involve tracking either food or exercise, and will require that players post their results in the challenge thread during the course of the week.
  • Trivia questions will be mixed in across the tournament as an opportunity to earn extra points.

Off-Weeks:
  • Even when there is no challenge in progress, there are many fun things to do!
  • We are a community of like-minded people. We will definitely be geeking out over various books, movies, etc.
  • Share your weight-loss woes, your success stories, your recipes, and your tips.
  • All students are encouraged to create their own threads, and contribute to already existing discussions.

The Prize:
  • Bragging rights! I've heard that Hogwarts believes they're sure winners this year.
  • New friends, partners, and mentors.
  • A healthier you!

In a nutshell, this group will compete against the students of Hogwarts. This is a perfect opportunity, as participation will not be monitored as strictly, and weigh-ins will not be required at Beauxbatons Academy.

If you're interested in giving the group a look, please post in this thread! I will send an invite your way. You may also post questions here, or shoot them to me via owl (PM).

Replies

This discussion has been closed.