How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    7.30am Saturday mornings, and I looooove it. No matter what because it's another week that I have been honest with myself. I also dance around waving my knickers in the air...TMI? apologies
  • kellyswanholm
    kellyswanholm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    babsabs89 wrote: »
    I weigh every few days, but only record my weight once a week. I'm just not patient enough to wait a whole week!

Same here!
  • icedcupcake1981
    icedcupcake1981 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I only weigh my self weekly, as I don't think I would see much of a change doing it daily.
  • iamburke
    iamburke Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ok I am getting it now. This was my first week. I weighed mid week and hurray thought I lost 2.2. But at weeks end. It seems the scale says only 1.2. So I celebrated too soon. I agree with the people, who say only record once a week to avoid fluctuations .:)
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Daily, in the mornings, but I only log here once a week, on Saturdays. I log all of my weights on Libra though, for the data.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday morning after I use the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything. I use the same scale in the same position.
    I take measurements of waist, hip, neck, thigh and calf once a month on the same date. I take a photo on that day as well.

I can't weigh every day without it becomming negative for me. Once a week is enough information for me.
  • gemm30
    gemm30 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a Thursday at the gym which also records body fat and bmi , I don't own scales at home as know I would be on them every time I went in the bathroom. Only been on here 22 days but took my measurements at the beginning and will do them once a month along with a photo which I print off and keep in my diary.
  • iamburke
    iamburke Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll play it by ear and see if MFP is accurate.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every day, right after I wake up and pee, and in the nude. I have a rolling running log that averages my daily weight with a trend weight so I don't have to worry about the fluctuation.
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I mostly weigh once a week. but 38kgs (85lbs) weight loss later I am more into if it doesn't look right - ie I feel that there should be some weight loss I will weigh myself a day or two later and it often then reflects the loss. Dehydration and constipation and poor food choices can influence the numbers. Trendy down is my mantra!
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Daily. I know my weight will fluctuate, and that I will plateau, but I want to see the successes, even though my weight will bounce up and down like a basketball.
  • neilfoy
    neilfoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Daily. I like data. Daily helps me put the fluctuations in perspective. Weekly would be bad for me... I'd build up too much anticipation about the number, and I'd probably get really discouraged if it wasn't as low as I expected.

I'm with Segas
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I need to weigh daily. I know there are fluctuations but it keeps me from shoving things into my mouth as I have to face the scale in the morning. Works for me.