What ways/methods did you use that helped you successfully lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I adjusted my goal calories. For me, 1,200 wasn't enough food. I was hungry all day and focused too much on food. Someone suggested I look into TDEE, so I did. I upped my calories to 1,500 as a result and am losing faster now than before (although I'm not positive there's a relation) - happier and healthier. Some might disagree, but I think some of this is a trial and error for what works best for you. Definitely make choices that are sustainable, as Liftng4Lis mentioned. That is key.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Consistently work out hard every other day, including weights. On the off days, rest or do light cardio. Your muscles need to rebuild. Eat things that are high in nutrition such as lean proteins, lots of vegetables, some fruit, some complex carbs. Now is a good time to learn to cook new things. Nutritious eating should not have to be blah eating! Lots of herbs and spices. If you like tea, now is a good time to try many different flavors so that when you crave something to taste, you can make tea rather than going over calories eating something that doesn't fit in your plan.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    kirkmana94 wrote:
    I am 5'4", 165 lb trying to lose 30-40 lb...
    MFP has me on a 1,600 calorie diet per day. So far I haven't been hitting the mark. I've been eating around 1,300 calories a day and then burning a couple hundred exercising. Should I be trying to force myself to eat a little more so I can hit the 1,600 calorie mark before I exercise?
    This calculator says that at 135, if you were inactive, you'd need 1674 cal/day to maintain.
    To lose 0.5 lb per week to get there, cut 250 calories, so 1424.
    As long as you're losing slowly & gradually, you're doing fine. Adjust the calories to maintain 0.5 - 1 lb per week lost. You don't have to eat the whole amount if you're not hungry, but don't go under 1200 (makes it very difficult to get the nutrition you need).
    And ignore exercise ("net") calories. Most people underestimate what they eat, most computers (including MFP) overestimate calories burned. For most people, in most situations, the errors more or less cancel out.

51637601.png