Would you ever date your personal trainer?

Options
iwillsucceed0444
iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
Even if you don't currently have a personal trainer, let's say you both hit it off really well and are attracted to each other, would you consider dating him/her? Or should you not date people at the gym?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I only do this job for the tips...naw I'm just playng...
  • RachelStidd
    RachelStidd Posts: 1,102
    Options
    If we were attracted to each other yes... Why miss a good opportunity?
  • Rochelle951
    Rochelle951 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Just use as a boy toy lol
  • iwillsucceed0444
    Options

Good point, but what if you break up, that would be some really AWKWARD tension in the gym!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't currently have a personal trainer, let's say you both hit it off really well and are attracted to each other, would you consider dating him/her? Or should you not date people at the gym?

I hope you don't do the whole "lady and the tramp" spaghetti scene at the gym, that'd be so WEIRD!

Anyway, why not date someone you're interested in if you're single? Who cares where you met, if you connect.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yep. Oh yes. That's all I'm going to say.

Though dating gym peeps can get sticky.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I see what you did there.

• arditarose
    Options
    530roman wrote: »

I see what you did there.

I didn't mean to but I thought it worked.
  • RachelStidd
    RachelStidd Posts: 1,102
    Options

Good point, but what if you break up, that would be some really AWKWARD tension in the gym!

Well... In the case that you break up I'm sure you would be on good terms still??? It would probably blow over soon.. And if not there are other trainers and other gyms?
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I joke that my best guy friend is my personal trainer and we already have sort of dated each other. . .
  • iwillsucceed0444
    Options
    Are personal trainers supposed to serve a dual purpose role?

Extra cardio perhaps?
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Never pass on an opportunity for love. You will wonder "what if" for the rest of your life. Chemistry you can't fake.
  • arditarose
    Options

Well... In the case that you break up I'm sure you would be on good terms still??? It would probably blow over soon.. And if not there are other trainers and other gyms?

I don't know. I've had to turn down someone who asked me out at the gym, not a trainer, but it's still always really awkward when we're both in the weight room...and we never even made it to the date. It really depends on how things go. The gym is so...close, and sweaty.
  • iwillsucceed0444
    Options

I don't know. I've had to turn down someone who asked me out at the gym, not a trainer, but it's still always really awkward when we're both in the weight room...and we never even made it to the date. It really depends on how things go. The gym is so...close, and sweaty.

Haha yeah and I'm already nervous and awkward in the gym!
  • iwillsucceed0444
    Options
    Okay funny thing that I posted this because a few hours ago I matched with a personal trainer at my gym on tinder. I might have seen him there a few times, but I know I haven't interacted with him in anyway at the gym. He doesn't know I go there, well not yet anyways haha. Now let's be real, I'm 19 and he's 23. Would he actually want to date me or is tinder really just for hookups lol? I don't think I would just want to hookup, that would be awkward! But the convo isn't sexual at all now, but who knows what will happen...eeek lol!
  • iwillsucceed0444
    Options
    Any suggestions on how I should go about this? Should I tell him I go to the gym? He seems like a nice, fun guy with an obviously great body and nice face too haha.
  • iwillsucceed0444
    Options
    bump...anyone???
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Currently dating/living with mine. I'll just say this, if you're insecure in the least, don't do it.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I am a PT. I am engaged to one of my previous clients. :smile: