Midnight munchies

Options
So often I do great all day long, stay healthy and within my calorie goals, make sure I get the proper nutrients and exercise.. Then it's bedtime and I end up eating candy, cookies, chips, etc. I can't just not have that stuff a around, I have two school aged children. How do I quit midnight munchies?

Replies

• brendo204
    brendo204 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Try casein protein powder with some peanut butter in before bed.. The casein is slow release and with any luck the peanut butter will help the cravings
  • StevenJTran
    Options
    Hi Bethany! Well the simple answer would be just sheer will power, however, I too know how difficult it may be. My alternative suggestion is after you've gotten your to do list out of the way, I recommend trying your best to fall asleep right away as soon as possible. This means removing all distractions like electronics in order to ensure you will fall asleep. Another possible strategy to fall asleep quickly is simply exhausting yourself out. Do a brief exercise before bed to tire yourself out, top it off with a warm shower, and you should fall asleep as soon as you hit the pillow, executing any time for munchies once so ever!