Watch out!!! These foods apparently cause cancer....................

Options

Replies

• MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    :s
    royaldrea wrote: »
    "It’s probably not something you think about every day, whether or not the foods you are eating could contain carcinogens, but with almost 1.5 million people diagnosed with some type of cancer just last year, perhaps it’s time to look at what is in our foods that could be causing such a huge number of new cancer patients. Here is a list of the top 10 foods that you most likely consume every day that may contain carcinogens or be suspected of causing cancer"

Why do they publish such rubish when there is no facts around the claim? Its either "could" or "possibly" or "maybe" cause this or that. I might as well live in a plastic bubble my whole life on Mars!

Mars will give you cancer.

Maybe work causes cancer! I feel nauseous I think I need to talk to HR
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Haha this thread is not what I was expecting - I'm happy :)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I couldn't get past the 2nd slideshow image because of their damn annoying popups. And that's with Adblock on... jeebus. I think that website is a cancer.

Lol! I hate those websites with slideshows. Loaded with ads just to make more money.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Read up on the environmental contaminant PCB. We're all contaminated and there's nothing we can do about it.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Stopped reading at Microwaved popcorn - pfft!
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Well since slides 1-4 have already been consumed today, I guess I need to updated my will :-)
    They love to scare people with the big C. I'm going to start a blog called, "websites that lists foods that cause cancer cause cancer" LOL. Eat good food, exercise, and live life.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,608 Member
    Options
    Had my daily diet Pepsi for the day (for the last 25 years) and still waiting................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    What doesn't cause cancer?
    Twerking.

Nope. I'm pretty sure that Miley Cyrus video gave me eye cancer.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Do potato chips actually have trans fats anymore?

Jones Salt and Vinegar chips have 4 grams of trans fat per serving. Unfortunately, they are the best tasting chips ever and local to Ohio.

Wow. I had no idea. I haven't really eaten them lately, but assumed the trans fats were gone. wow. Thanks.
  • nlittle1011
    Options
    The leading cause of cancer is life lol
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    f260bfabd8c3367fa895b7d2e2908c8f2407c7f3c21e6292087dc325d5713b83.jpg
    Finally have a use for this. XD

LOLOL
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I feel like it may fit in this category to explain that there's no such thing as "dying of natural causes."

You pretty much have to die of something. Usually when people die of "natural causes" it means their heart said "screw it, I'm done."
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I just heard today that an 8 year old cured cancer.

We're all saved.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    memelendy wrote: »
    I feel like it may fit in this category to explain that there's no such thing as "dying of natural causes."

You pretty much have to die of something. Usually when people die of "natural causes" it means their heart said "screw it, I'm done."

do you mean "old age", not "natural causes"? cause heart attack/cancer is a natural cause.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    memelendy wrote: »

do you mean "old age", not "natural causes"? cause heart attack/cancer is a natural cause.

Yep
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Organic is a billion dollar industry.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid most of these things. I think there's some merit to them not being great for you - especially nitrates and smoking meats. I actively attempt to avoid GMOs and hormones. I'm not perfect, but I feel good about reducing my intake of all items on this list (except Alcohol - you can't make me give up the *maybe* 10 glasses of wine I have a year!!)

Why do you avoid GMO's? They are completely safe to eat. I actually go out of my way to avoid organic food.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    We eat healthy, we exercise, we die anyways. That is the facts of life.

Enjoying a ice cream cone as we speak/type, lol. ;)
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I am royally screwed as I sit here eating smoked farmed salmon & genoa salami on white flour crackers made from GMO wheat with a side of pickles and olives, all washed down with some vodka & diet coke!
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    f260bfabd8c3367fa895b7d2e2908c8f2407c7f3c21e6292087dc325d5713b83.jpg
    Finally have a use for this. XD

Do you keep memes in your back pocket, or in a binder somewhere for when you need them? Do you keep an account of memes somewhere, and recognize a situation where you can just whip one out at a moment's notice?