calorie deficit

Options
hey guys i was wondering if you guys keep your daily calorie count at little to no exercise or 3 days a week ? for a more realistic calorie intake and if you don't exercise on those calories will you gain weight?

Replies

• mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Your question is a bit confusing. There are two ways of entering planned exercise:

1. You can say you intend to do exercise e.g. 3 times per week for 30 mins and it creates a weekly exercise goal for you. This is not taken into account in the calorie goal setting.

2. You can set your activity level e.g. sedentary, lightly active etc. This is taken into account in the calorie goal setting. If you are less active than you say you are in this section, the calorie deficit calculated will be smaller than desired and you will lose weight more slowly or not at all depending on how much you overestimate your activity level. Many people set their activity level to sedentary and log their exercise separately to avoid this. It also creates a good 'point mean prises' feeling - if you go for a run you can have a cookie.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    hey guys i was wondering if you guys keep your daily calorie count at little to no exercise or 3 days a week ? for a more realistic calorie intake and if you don't exercise on those calories will you gain weight?

Huh?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Your question is a bit confusing. There are two ways of entering planned exercise:

1. You can say you intend to do exercise e.g. 3 times per week for 30 mins and it creates a weekly exercise goal for you. This is not taken into account in the calorie goal setting.

2. You can set your activity level e.g. sedentary, lightly active etc. This is taken into account in the calorie goal setting. If you are less active than you say you are in this section, the calorie deficit calculated will be smaller than desired and you will lose weight more slowly or not at all depending on how much you overestimate your activity level. Many people set their activity level to sedentary and log their exercise separately to avoid this. It also creates a good 'point mean prises' feeling - if you go for a run you can have a cookie.

Ohhhh light dawns

1) Is correct

but 2) is supposed to be what your activity level is generally excluding planned exercise eg if you sit at a desk all day at work you're sedentary - the descriptions are there in the goal setting part so it's easy to choose
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I prefer using the MFP method because it doesn't count exercise that I don't do. While you shouldn't gain weight while eating three days of calories for exercise you didn't do, it would make your calorie deficit really small.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Whu?
    1vetuotmeeuu.gif