6 Day Supermodel Slim down from Brazil Butt Lift

Options
So today i started the 6 day supermodel slim down that comes with the Beach Body Brazil Butt Lift program. Has anyone completed this eating plan before? What were your experiences/results? I am finding today really tough and its only day one. It restricts you to about 1000 calories a day and on top of that you have to do the workout. I usually eat about 1500-1800 calories a day and workout. I felt good in the morning but as the day is progressing im tired, and have a mild headache. Feeling hungry too! It says in the book that all this is normal and its because your body is going though a sugar withdrawal and that this diet is to only be done for 6 days as a cleanse type of thing. With how tough i can see this being it better yield results!!!

Replies

• Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Don't do it, not worth it. 1000 is too low there's no reason to eat that little, I suggest going back to your normal cal intake and just eat clean
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Only six days won't affect your metabolism that much, people get into trouble when they do prolonged periods of crash dieting.

Are you cutting your carbs too?
  • LuckyFur
    LuckyFur Posts: 96
    Options
    I did it and grew six inches! at the end I looked exactly like Miranda Kerr!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,011 Member
    Options
    Well, that certainly was a mouthful.:smile:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you feel like crap, it isn't right for you.
  • xoxsashaxox
    xoxsashaxox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    In the plan you dont cut out carbs, each day you get some type of whole wheat bread or brown rice. I did day 2 and felt much better. Now im on day 3 and i am adding food to the initial plan, because i agree 1000 cal isnt enough for me. So ive added in extra servings of fruit and veg so far. If i feel really hungry ill opt for healthy snacks to add into the diet. The diet so far has caused me to eat much more dark greens than usual and opt for healthier fats (olive oil, avocado ect), so i dont think the recipies ont here are bad by any means and i will continue to use them, i just need to make alterations and add in more snacks/calories i think. Has anyone done it before?
  • TaylorFriend
    TaylorFriend Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    In the guide it says that if those calories are too little for you, to add as many calories in as you want. They list them in the guide of what to eat..It gives you a bunch of 100 calorie snacks to eat throughout the day until you feel right. No, you shouldn't feel sick, but anyone that knows anything about fitness will now that detoxes WILL make you feel awful at first, but it is because it's releasing bad toxins from your body. That is normal, and that is why detoxing is healthy every ONCE in a while to jump start your system. Making your body go into starvation mode is different, though.

Did you complete it, and how were your results?? I started it yesterday! :]
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    In the guide it says that if those calories are too little for you, to add as many calories in as you want. They list them in the guide of what to eat..It gives you a bunch of 100 calorie snacks to eat throughout the day until you feel right. No, you shouldn't feel sick, but anyone that knows anything about fitness will now that detoxes WILL make you feel awful at first, but it is because it's releasing bad toxins from your body. That is normal, and that is why detoxing is healthy every ONCE in a while to jump start your system. Making your body go into starvation mode is different, though.

Actually anyone that knows about fitness will tell you that detoxes are a myth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised all the people from the skinny as a twig xlax diet thread that just got locked haven't shown up here yet...
  • chanteuse75
    Options
    I have done the slimdown diet twice over the past 2 years (currently on my 3rd right now) and it definitely works! I did lose 6 pounds in 6 days, but I stuck to the plan to every piece of food and only did the dvd's 3 times (and went once to the gym) so a total of 4 workouts. I get really bad headaches the first couple of days and really tired, but by day 3, I am pretty normal. The only thing as far as food that I added in was 1 100 calorie snack every night an hour or so after dinner (yogurt with raspberries).This is a difficult diet to stick to because it really restricts your calories and I struggle the first 2 days (struggling now lol), but if you need to get off a couple of pounds in a week, this diet definitely works and it's healthy, just calorie restricting.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

+1
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Very true there!

There is NO reason to detox like this. It does nothing. What exactly are you supposed to be detoxing from? It's a bunch of BS.