spit and sawdust or chain gym ????

Options
2»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    it doesn't matter. whichever gym i happen to be attending i like to look down my nose and label other people as posers for not doing whatever i deem to be what they should be doing. nothing makes me feel as fit as my vague aura of superiority

Precisely my feeling.

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I go to the local city rec center. The rec center has all the equipment any 'for profit' place has except a pool. One thing I like is that the track is 5 laps to a mile, the place I used to go was 15 laps to a mile. I felt like a hamster on a wheel.

I go, get my exercise, and get out. I really don't pay much attention to what anyone else is doing.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I used to belong to a high end chain that was extremely nice, along with extremely expensive. I let it lapse, because no one in the family was going. When I wanted to go back, I chose the local Rec Center. It has everything I need and great equipment.

My only complaint is since it is a Rec Center, they allow kids in the weight room starting at 14. There are a few that go in and are serious, but most go up to kill time before a basketball court opens and sit a chat or text each other while sitting on the equipment. Normally I just have to ask if they are using the equipment I want, knowing their not, and they move on.

I'm preferred the high end gym, but at 1/6 the price, I'm willing to sacrifice a little. Plus, now it's get in, work out, get home.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I work out at home most of the time but also am a member of a university rec center. I like being at home because I can easily do supersets, I can leave my stuff out, and I generally have nobody in my way. My 7 yo has started wanting to exercise with me sometimes and she wouldn't be able to do that at the rec center. At home, I can give her a little bar and let her floor press while I bench press or she'll use it to squat.

On the flip side, I like going to rec center for a change of scenery and because they have some equipment that I don't have (lat pulldown, indoor track, etc.) I usually go there once or twice a week. I don't generally talk to anybody when I go and while I might look at other people between sets, I don't really care what they do/don't do as long as they are civil.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just hit up my buddy's garage gym. If I had 3k to drop just on bars and bumper plates, I'd do that. man.

• Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I go to a local community gym. I love it. The staff is great, a variety of classes to choose from, good hours and the other members are awesome.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    yeah, vague?

Do you even self confidence?

Aura of Superiority and Leadership, or gtfo. Vague's for dates with delta gammas.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    yeah, vague?

Do you even self confidence?

Aura of Superiority and Leadership, or gtfo. Vague's for dates with delta gammas.

It's Vogue- not vague.

otherwise we get into vag- and that's just a different ball of wax all together.