My first gain - so what did I do wrong

Options
2»

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    I took your advice and weighed myself and today's weight is 2.1lb down. That rate proves what you all said

Way to go! Yep, "roll with the changes" when you eat some delicious takeaway, even if you're still within calorie goal (it's almost ALWAYS sodium laden). Happens to every single one of us. You've got this!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I took your advice and weighed myself and today's weight is 2.1lb down. That rate proves what you all said

Yay! Hopefully this lesson sticks and you can let those crazy scale weight fluctuations roll off your back in the future - they happen all the time, and often for reasons we can't really make sense of. Glad it bounced back so quickly for you (it doesn't always - but again that's why it's so helpful to break away from the slavery to scale weight).
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Great post and very useful information. It makes sense why I bloat Ed so much after eating out today,
  • jporter1183
    jporter1183 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! See, no need to worry :smile: just keep that in mind for whenever you eat something like that which is high in sodium.
  • lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I had a curry on Thursday, it was within my calories but had a lot of sodium in it. Yesterday I weighed in and was at my lowest so far but knew that today I'd be up as I worked out yesterday too, and I was indeed up almost a lb.