Plateau! What should I do?

Options
2»

Replies

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I have a set of very small glass bowls I use for measurements like peanut butter. You'd be surprised how easy it is to go over on p butter. You measure the bowl first, tare out the weight of the bowl, then add the p butter to get your measurements. And trust me, it's no where near what I would eyeball as a tablespoon.
  • Joanna_1576
    Options
    Diet wise, cut your sugars and carbs for about a couple of weeks, increase lean protein and google carb cycling also. Might be an option. Working out wise, switch up your workout routine. Increase weight lifting to build more muscle, and more muscle equals to a faster metabolism, and more fat burn in the long run. And ultimately, never give up. I've been at a plateau weight wise for over a year, but my body has changed drastically. Sometimes the numbers on the scale don't really mean THAT much, but I do know what you mean.. :)
    Oh, and also make sure you always hit your calories goal for the day. Not eating enough can actually cause your body to go into "starvation mode" and it will store it all instead of burning it. Always eat at least 1200 a day.. Hope this helps..
  • Joanna_1576
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    I have a set of very small glass bowls I use for measurements like peanut butter. You'd be surprised how easy it is to go over on p butter. You measure the bowl first, tare out the weight of the bowl, then add the p butter to get your measurements. And trust me, it's no where near what I would eyeball as a tablespoon.

Instead of peanut butter, i've picked up PB2, in powder form. I've been putting it in my oatmeal for the last few days and it tastes great.. Less calories than actual peanut butter too.. It's usually on the same aisle, like at Target for instance..

• _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Weigh your food, you may be eating more calories than you think you are. The more you go down, the harder it is to lose.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I weigh peanut butter simply by weighing the bread first, zeroing the scale, adding the peanut butter, and then weighing the bread again. I allow myself 30g of peanut butter, which is "2 tbsp" according to the nutrition label but in reality is WAY less than I could fit in 2 tbsp.