Why I changed...Why did you?

Options
airmedic8
airmedic8 Posts: 24 Member
edited January 2015 in Success Stories
I was a new father and really didn't realize how much I had lost myself. Life had creeped up on me. I work as a firefighter/paramedic and the combination of stress of the job (which i love so no complaints) and married and parenting life got me. Quick meals, soda, and junk food just slow but sure it got me. Not overnight, over 4 years. I found myself 60 pounds from the man I once knew, tired carrying my kids upstairs and always tired....I was a mess....248 lbs

I was on 3 blood pressure meds, and cholesterol medication as well. Where was the man I knew and once was? The guy that worked out 6 days a week and ate clean all the time. It seemed I let him pass away. So what changed all the sudden???

I got tired of being me, that simple. You see your kids and your wife/husband. Wife in my case. They love who you are, my wife loved the man I was, the man she married and knew was in there still. My kids loved their DAD, who he was and what he meant to them. However, I slowly realized I was letting them down. I wasn't living to be who I was meant to be, I was letting myself be....a drag. I finally decided enough...after all at one time I was in shape and knew how to do it, so I did it again. It was hard...and then people noticed "hey he's losing weight" and that made me feel good. You see your words have much power over people, I always remember that. I was better for my kids and I was better for my wife, most of all I was better for me. It felt great and to me I look great. That was what mattered most is I felt like...me again. Life was back where it needed to be.

I got off one BP medicine completely. Lowered the dose on one other BP medicine. Lowered the dose on my cholesterol medicine. It felt so good, because I had done it myself.

If you have kids or a wife/husband/partner or people you love or love you. Think of them. They will love you either way. However don't you think they would rather love someone who is happy with who they are and where they are heading. Weight loss is not about your image, its about how you feel inside. That image is who and what you project.

That was 6 years ago. Fight On!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!