exante diet

hi has anyone tried the exante products?
i'm thinking of eating healthy 5 days per week and then 2 days a week having the exante products to try and loose weight a bit more quickly
does anyone have any experience?
Many thanks

Replies

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    No, I haven't tried it but I just want to say, you don't need it. Don't waste your money.

Slow weight loss is better weight loss for many reasons. You will reduce the odds of muscle loss (lean body mass is what leaves you looking leaner at goal weight and is NOT easy to replenish), you will be much less likely to binge if you eat in moderation and at a moderate deficit, you will have the time to learn new habits and adjust to them accordingly.

Losing weight is a game of patience. It is more of a mental battle then a phsyical one and that takes the strength to understand that time must be spent creating new habits and a new outlook on things. Racing will not give you that opportunity.

Save the money and read around on MFP. Maybe join the Eat,Train, Progress group and read the stickies. Make this about lasting change and not just a race to a goal.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    No, I haven't tried it but I just want to say, you don't need it. Don't waste your money.

Slow weight loss is better weight loss for many reasons. You will reduce the odds of muscle loss (lean body mass is what leaves you looking leaner at goal weight and is NOT easy to replenish), you will be much less likely to binge if you eat in moderation and at a moderate deficit, you will have the time to learn new habits and adjust to them accordingly.

Losing weight is a game of patience. It is more of a mental battle then a phsyical one and that takes the strength to understand that time must be spent creating new habits and a new outlook on things. Racing will not give you that opportunity.

Save the money and read around on MFP. Maybe join the Eat,Train, Progress group and read the stickies. Make this about lasting change and not just a race to a goal.

All good advice. Learn it, live it, love it.
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Yes and it does work. However, I've only done it eating only Exante products (45lbs lost so far). I did LL after the birth of my first son and lost 8 stones in 8 months. However, when I went back and forth between the diet food and normal food when I tried Cambridge, I only lasted a month. If you've only got a small amount to loose, I'd just do the diet and then most importantly, do the re-feed programme to prevent it coming back. The reason I piled on the weight, was pregnancy and breastfeeding, I found it difficult to over come that starving hunger and eat sensibly. To be honest, if you're looking to do 5:2, you're better off doing calorie counting with MFP, you will loose the weight, manage portions and can eat all the foods you want to, and more likely to stick with it. Good luck