what about HIIT?

Options
What do you think about it, do you have tips?

Replies

• ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    That's a very broad question. Any chance that you can narrow it down a little bit? There are a ton of ways to do HIIT exercises and endless areas for discussion.
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Whats up! Do HIIT for sure if you are able! it is great to boost your metabolism and since it involves resistance training and cardio you get the best of both world! head up though its killer!
  • Just115Pounds
    Just115Pounds Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I do a HIIT Treadmill workout every single day. It has almost been a week since I first started and I really am enjoying it!
    I get on the treadmill and walk for a minute at a comfortable, warm up speed: 4mph.
    I run at a sprinting speed for a minute: 8mph.
    Then I wait 30s, hop on the sides of the treadmill to give myself a break.
    Then I sprint at 8mph again.
    I repeat this 10 times!
  • littleknownblogger
    littleknownblogger Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I use the elliptical trainer which allows me to sprint all-out. I sprint for 30 seconds at maximum effort, then rest for 90; I do ten to fifteen sets of this. The 'maximum effort' (not just 'faster') is important. What you are actually doing is not just burning fat, but teaching your body that you will be exerting yourself in a way that, unlike normal running, fat stores cannot fuel. Therefore, your body will start storing energy in the used muscles, rather than in the fat reserves.