is it ok if you dont reach your fat intake goals ? will u still lose?

Options
Im getting alil to much carbs and not enough fat

Replies

• allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but Fats are beneficial for women for hormone regulation. That being said, everyone operates differently, so if you still feel good and are meeting your goals, it shouldn't be a problem. I usually have the opposite problem and go over fats and under carbs, but I usually see those two macros as very flexible depending on the day.
  • megganjeninngs69
    megganjeninngs69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Thank you nd im sorry im still figuring out everything on here :p ill c if i can fix that
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    How far under your fat goal are you, and what is your goal? As long as you're in the ballpark (and it's a reasonable goal to begin with), you're fine.
  • megganjeninngs69
    Options
    I think i fixed it so u can c my diary (plez dont judge i love beer its my worst vice but i did go to miller 64 o:)
  • megganjeninngs69
    Options
    And i have my calories set very strick so i have some cushion so i dont feel horrible and give up when i screw up (i guess its a messed up mind thing ;)
  • AliceDark
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Okay, the issue is the Quick Add calories you're using. They don't give you any of the other macro data, so you're eating more fat than your log is showing. That's good :)
  • megganjeninngs69
    Options
    Well crap !!i didnt think about that thank you . I havent weighed in few weeks im gna wait til next tues. My fingers are crossed :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    That fat is VERY low (no idea how much extra you're getting with the quick cals). You'll lose weight, but fat is absolutely essential to a whole bunch of things, not least of all good skin! Have some olives with that beer.
  • AliceDark
    Options
    On days when you have logged everything and not used Quick Adds, your fat intake looks much better. Try to get away from using Quick Adds, though -- you're guaranteeing that your log isn't accurate. Later, when you try to look back to see if you need to adjust your intake to lose faster/slower/whatever, your data isn't going to help.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    The last few days no, but over a longer period you have much higher days so it may balance out. Fat intake is important for brain health, don't neglect healthy fats from your diet, everything has an important role.
  • megganjeninngs69
    Options
    Thats not a bad idea ! :D
  • megganjeninngs69
    Options
    Thanks yall
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I actually found it hard to get up to the amount of fat I am supposed to eat because I've been avoiding fat for so long. Give it some time, and with proper planning and sensible food choices you'll get closer to your targets. Also, in case you are like me (aka thinking that fat=bad), let me tell you that I am close to my daily goal and it has not stalled my loss at all. If anything, adhering to the macros has made it easier. Good luck!