It's always these last ten pounds

Options
inhave a problem with! Please add me as a fried and send some support. Everyone is here to lose which is hard. Gaining is completely differently story

Replies

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    forget my post, didn't realize it was the gaining section rofl
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    inhave a problem with! Please add me as a fried and send some support. Everyone is here to lose which is hard. Gaining is completely differently story

This is actually the section for people trying to gain weight. Or I'm reading that wrong. I'm often confused.

What are your goals, and what's your current plan for getting there?
  • ashbaby2390
    Options
    I didnt realize i worded my post so badly. I am here to gain, and i cant seem to find the right support and help. i have gain six of the 15 pounds i w ant to get at. my goal is 105 pounds! i am at 96 currently. its not possible to get to a gym so i do at home workouts usually at night, and reach my daily calorie goal sometimes i seem to go way over as well. but i am reaching my goal. i have nine pounds to go to reach my 105 but thats always where i seem to have an issue and i really want this. i dont want to wear a size 0 anymore and with my metabolism, and me not having a large intestine ( colon cancer runs in my family so i had signs of getting it later in life so it was removed so save that risk) , it is hard to gain.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to gain muscle mass, resistance training will be imperitive. You can get there with body weight exercises since you can't get to a gym. Look into you are your own gym or convict conditioning. Both are well design programs with clear progression modifications.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    The last 10 pounds can kiss my *kitten*. LOL
  • ashbaby2390
    Options
    The last 10 pounds can kiss my *kitten*. LOL

well i want that last ten. and i wont just quit or settle for what I am at.
    auddii wrote: »
    If you're looking to gain muscle mass, resistance training will be imperitive. You can get there with body weight exercises since you can't get to a gym. Look into you are your own gym or convict conditioning. Both are well design programs with clear progression modifications.

and thank you , I willl look into that!! :)

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Our maintenance is more a range than a fixed number and becomes a bit of a moving target when bulking/gaining. You're probably not in surplus anymore, just up calories till the scale starts moving again.
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Didnt really mean to post, I don't know how to delete...
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    oops sorry - didn't realize i was in gain section
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Gaining is often more of a mind game than losing. Depending on how much fat vs muscle you want you can gain really fast but most of it will be fat. Are you looking for mostly muscle or is fat ok?
  • ashbaby2390
    Options
    Gaining is often more of a mind game than losing. Depending on how much fat vs muscle you want you can gain really fast but most of it will be fat. Are you looking for mostly muscle or is fat ok?

fat is a fast option but thats why i am working out at the same time
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone has mentioned this but be sure to avoid cardio if you're trying to gain. Too much aerobic activity is an easy way to hinder weight gain.
  • ashbaby2390
    Options
    I'm glad you said that. I've been doing cardio every other noght