Monitor help and suggestions

Options
Hi gang,
So I want to get some type of monitor to track my progress but i'm not sure what to get. I really like fitbit one and fitbit zip. I also know of friends who use a polar heart rate monitor and the garmin forerunner 10. I'm just curious to know what others are using and could recommend. Thanks. :-)

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    What do you plan to use it for?
    What type of activities?
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin, and the syncing to MFP has been quick and painless. If you are going to do the Garmin, get the forerunner 15. The ten doesn't have the step counter and whatnot, just the run components.
  • kenmiller75
    kenmiller75 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex and I'm happy with it. It has helped motivate me to walk more and to try and get my 10,000 steps every day. Recently I started climbing the stairs at home for 30-60 minutes each day and I want a HRM so I can have a better idea of my calorie burn. I wanted to get the Charge HR but I've heard that the wrist HRMs are not accurate so I ended up ordering a Polar H7 chest strap. Polar has chest straps that you wear a watch with to monitor your info but from what I've read you have to have on the watch when you wear the strap. I ended up going for the H7 because it syncs to apps on my phone instead of requiring me to wear a watch.
  • fancyface1955
    fancyface1955 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    thank you. I want to use it for jogging and for work. i'm always on my feet at work so i'd like to know how much exercise I get in a day. I like the option one the fitbit one to track my sleep too.