90 pounds gone by August

Options
Hello there folks! How's it going? My name is Nikki and I'm looking for some friends and support as I'm gonna need it for this journey. I have recently started a life style change to get healthy. I have always been a bigger girl my entire life. I'm not trying to use this as an excuse but I am big boned and have a larger frame. I am at about 240 right now. I have a friend who is well off that is helping me with the extra kick that I need. And by that, I mean he is offering to pay COMPLETELY for a trip to Cancun if I lose 90 pounds and get down to 150 by August 14th. I have decided to stick to around 1500 calories a day, and also that I want to work out for about 2-3 hours a day 5 days a week. So I guess what I'm asking from you is any tips, alternative exercise ideas, favorite healthy recipes, anything positive! Keep any negativity to yourself and I look forward to hearing any of your success stories :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I think you two should come up with another incentive, or lengthen it. That's over three pounds a week...you can do that for a month or so, but afterwards it will not be healthy or sustainable.

Read this thread to get a better idea of how to lose in a healthy way: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards and congrats on your start on a new, healthier lifestyle.

I agree with Malibu's post. I recommend you get your friend to read the "sexypants" thread with you so he will know what is a realistic and sustainable amount of weight for you to lose. I weigh 177 and am losing 30 pounds by August by eating 1600 calories a day. I can't imagine that 1500 calories would be enough for a 240 pound person working out for 2-3 hours a day 5 days a week. Also, that's A LOT of exercising. You want to choose a pace you feel like you can maintain for a long time, ideally for a life time.

You didn't gain those 90 pounds in just 8 months, so don't over-commit to lose it all at break neck speed.

Good luck!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Sounds like great motivation, 3 lbs a week may be doable but 2 may be more realistic and still a solid goal. 2lbs a week is 1000 calorie a day deficit which takes a pretty serious effort. I averaged 2.2 for 26 weeks, don't think I could have managed 3.

Tip. Be relentless, accurate and determined.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Three pounds a week is crazy. You want something more sustainable and healthy. Plus, working out 2-3 hours a day is unnecessary.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Renegotiate the trip to Cancun to 40 lbs. You should be able to do 40 to 50 lbs without the extremes of calories or workouts. Your plan sounds like a plan for burn-out.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Your friend sounds like he's trying to help but that goal is unrealistic. Besides, what, if you don't lose the weight by August, he doesn't want to go to Cancun with you? Why not? You can have fun in Cancun at any shape or size.

IMHO trying to set yourself a goal like that is counterproductive. Look at this as a lifestyle change, not as a short-term project with an end date.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Start first by eliminating excuses.

Big Boned? Right.

big-boned-xray.png

Second by setting goals you'll actually stick to for more than the first 3 days. 1500 calories. Not gonna happen. 2 to 3 hour workouts? Really? On 1500 calories?

Third by understanding reality -v- negativity.

If you do ALL three of those, you have half a chance.

Balk on any one of them and you're Dreaming The Impossible Dream.